Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2016 15:00

DELL Venue 8 Pro won't turn on/power on

Well, i had the same problem and I came to a solution. It is not the best solution, but I think it's really the only one out there on the internet. I am not responsible for any type of damage you do during this process, so please do it on your own responsibility.

1)Firstly, if you have this problem, you must crack open your DELL Venue 8 Pro tablet. This will probably avoid your insurance, although if you have important documents, pictures, videos..etc.on tablet, you wont probably care hhhah.

2)Then, when you opened carefully your tablet with a knife, screwdriver or whatever you have, locate battery. It is biggest thing inside, very easy to locate.

3)When you have located battery, you will see some small and short cables that have white conector, about 1-1,5 cm, carefully unplug it. Try not to break something.

4)Then simply plug it back in. Congratulation, you are done. Close tablet up again and turn it on.

If it works I'm glad i could help, if it is not still working, you should go to a store where you have bought that tablet and ask for money return. 

86 Posts

February 20th, 2016 10:00

or if the battery is completely dead from discharge, plug in charger and if the light turns orange when you turn it on, let it sit 20 or so mins and then turn it on. Also the power button has to be pressed for 3 seconds to turn on tablet.

7 Posts

October 27th, 2016 08:00

I'm having a similar problem, but don't want to crack open my tablet since it is brand new.  I've only had this Venue 8 Pro for a week, and I generally only use it at night while in bed before going to sleep.  

I used it briefly the previous night, then put it down. After sitting for a whole day, I tried to turn my Dell Venue 8 Pro on last night.  It would not turn on.  I tried everything!  I held the power button every which way possible.  So finally I just gave up and put it on the charger overnight, even though I knew it should still have plenty of battery power left.

This morning I tried to turn it on again—but nothing.  Finally a few hours later I tried again and it suddenly turned on after the 4th of 5th depression of the power button.  ***?!?                                                                                                                            

I cannot imagine this is normal. This tablet has been around for awhile, and it was too *** expensive to still have so many bugs.  Why is everyone posting these problems here instead of returning the whole *** thing back to Dell?  I hate the idea of having to ship it back for a refund & the whole hassle, but does anyone believe it's still worth trying to resolve?  

October 27th, 2016 08:00

Hi dnicke,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

1 Message

February 3rd, 2018 14:00

I'm having the same exact issue = what are my options.

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 18:00

I'd guess there are no options now, as it is very much out of warranty. I have the same issue, and I'm guessing it may need a new battery. I'm going to leave it charging all night just to see if that helps.

No Events found!