Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2013 05:00

DVP11 5130 - Windows camera app not working for rear camera

Hello, I have a DVP11 5130, and the Windows camera app is not working for the rear camera - when the app loads, I just see a dark gray screen. The app is not frozen, the buttons are still on screen so I can shoot panorama and video, so I know the rear camera is not broken, seems to be a software thing because it is just the camera mode that shows the dark gray screen. I'm on firmware A04, any help appreciated.

- Thanks, Woody

1 Message

January 25th, 2014 09:00

I am having the exact same problem!  I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

99 Posts

January 25th, 2014 11:00

I am having the exact same problem!  I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for replying to this thread, I thought I was the only 5130 owner having this problem.

- Woody

17 Posts

January 26th, 2014 05:00

Im having the same problems!! I cant take any photos except for the panorama. But i can take videos and it works with my apps on on sites like seenly and omegle

99 Posts

January 26th, 2014 08:00

Im having the same problems!! I cant take any photos except for the panorama. But i can take videos and it works with my apps on on sites like seenly and omegle

Thanks for posting Bryant S, the more unique users responding to a problem, the more chance someone from Dell will respond. I'll post this thread in the Windows Mobile forum just in case the Mobile Devices forum is too general.

- Woody

3 Posts

January 27th, 2014 02:00

Count me in. Called tech support last week, had me remove graphic device driver (but not delete from pc) and restart. Seemed to work for a while. Now it's back to old tricks. Even got blue screen shutdown on one occasion.

17 Posts

January 27th, 2014 16:00

I unknowingly fixed the issue by downloading the recommended bios from the dell website. You should also think about downloading and installing any other recommended drivers. AND MUST DOWNLOAD THE URGENT ONES if you have the attachable keyboard for your Dell Venue 11 Pro

- Bryant S

4 Posts

January 29th, 2014 17:00

Same issue here.  Camera app flakes out when I try to use the rear camera.  When I try to use the cameras in Google Hangouts neither of them work.  I've tried updating most of the drivers.  Guess I will try the bios update even though I appear to have the latest. 

4 Posts

January 29th, 2014 18:00

I just loaded the new bios.  I didn't see it when I posted earlier.  It still doesn't fix the issue.  Camera worked for 10 minutes then the whole thing blue screened.  Still no go on Google Hangouts.

99 Posts

I just saw BIOS A05 so I'll see how that goes.

- Woody

17 Posts

Mine appeared to have the latest too, but I was still able to update it. Also make sure to download and install any recommended and urgent downloads. I'm not really sure if it was the new BIOS or any of the drivers I installed that fixed the problem.

99 Posts

I unknowingly fixed the issue by downloading the recommended bios from the dell website. You should also think about downloading and installing any other recommended drivers. AND MUST DOWNLOAD THE URGENT ONES if you have the attachable keyboard for your Dell Venue 11 Pro

- Bryant S

Bryant, I have all the latest drivers, for the 5130, the latest BIOS driver is A04, which I updated 2 or 3 months ago.

- Woody

17 Posts

Have you tried downloading any other drivers??  If this doesn't work, I don't know what'll work for you. Im sorry dude

17 Posts

Wow, I wasn't even talking about that but I'm about to install that right now

4 Posts

January 29th, 2014 19:00

OK, got it fixed.  I came across this post where others were having issues.  You have to disable the HD settings in Google Hangouts.  Once I did that it seemed to work fine.  I narrowed it down to an issue with Google once I was able to use Skype with no issues.

My camera app has been stable ever since I updated both the bios and the Intel drivers.  I had one blue screen after the bios upgrade, but none after I did the Intel driver update.  The Intel drivers told me that I already had the latest, but I forced the update anyway.

Here is the link to the Google Hangouts thread in case anyone needs it.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chat/Gcp23nQvttg

4 Posts

January 29th, 2014 19:00

Yeah,  I've tried all the updates.  The Windows 8 camera app appears to be working for now.  Google not so much.  I've tried all the settings for the Hangouts plugin but nothing works.  I've tried un-installing and re-installing it as well.

Has anyone had any luck getting their cameras to work using Google Hangouts?

No Events found!