Sianthos
1 Copper

RE: Dead Dell Venue 8 Pro after a week and 1/2. No response at all

I had it on windows 8.1. I still viewed that as important

Highlighted
lcneed
1 Copper

I just had the same problem last night.   I didn't have any issue the first week, so I am sure it had to do with one of the windows update.. and I only do the important ones.    I have not installed any new drivers from Dell.. so it was not cause by driver update.

Thanks for the tip on the down vol and power.  I tried holding down the power button for 10 sec and still it won't start.  The down + pwr works right the way. I did the Save and Reset thing and see if this will work.

Okay that didn't work.  I am now trying to install the updated BIOS from Dell to see if that would help.

Highlighted
lcneed
1 Copper

I updated everything and took out the SD card just in case it was causing the problem.   It is still now working.  It is really strange, it will wake up eventually, but don't know how long it took.   Pressing the power button does nothing.. but wait like 10 min it will lite up.   I used to wake up right the way.  holding it down doesn't do anything either.   The only thing will work is hold down vol down and press power and hold.. then you see the Dell symbol and reboot into bios.

Berriewine
1 Copper

I called dell about my issue. It seemed to freeze on restart and after an hour and 20 minutes on the phone with them, I am sending the tablet back. They sent me a replacement. It did boot up twice while on the phone but froze on an app once and had other errors the other time . it also booted up the next day but froze when I plugged it into the charger.  And last time I attempted to boot it up it continuously said preparing automatic repair. The initial freeze did is-item to occur after the Windows update last week.    

Highlighted
lcneed
1 Copper

I seem to have fixed my problem.  I followed the solution from another forum and uninstalled the following 2 windows updates:

KB2883200

and

KB2887595

And changed Windows Update setting to NOT do auto update.  After that I got the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" on my desktop, and the fix for that was in one of the rolledup updates under KB2887595, so I went there on my browser and select the KB2902864 update manually to just install that to get rid of the stamp on the desktop.

That seems to have fixed the not waking up problem.   Now the power button works every time!  Good luck!

Highlighted
Fray88
1 Copper

Highlighted
culp74
1 Copper

where did you send it? mine also was damaged and i can't find anyone in CS that knows where to send.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Sianthos
1 Copper

Call dell by this number 1 800 289 3355. Its their support line. Call them and give em your service tag and request a repair. Do you have warranty because the repair cost is 280 out of pocket if you don't.

Highlighted
Sianthos
1 Copper

Bad windows update. It should power on eventually and when it does. Do a windows refresh and re update but only the important updates it auto selects nothing else. Then go to the my dell app and click on drivers and support and install the Intel platform driver update that was released on 12/2/13

Highlighted
culp74
1 Copper

Crazy, I only paid 200.00 for it. Thanks for the info.