Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2011 17:00

Delivery date on Streak 7

I tried to respond to an earlier thread about delivery date being changed from a few days to over a month out for a Streak 7, but that thread mysteriously had the reply button disappear. :emotion-42:

I ordered a Streak 7 on 11/14 and was given an estimated delivery date of 11/21 for 2 days while it "sat" in production. Today my estimated delivery date was changed to 12/28!!!  Is this for real? I'm hoping it was a mistake. I'll withhold judgement until I hear back on the email I sent to Dell support.

Anyone else?

UPDATE: Dell finally changed the estimated ship date yesterday to 5 weeks out. Wish those of us who ordered last week had known about this. It may have affected our purchase choice. Called customer service and got transferred around and got no love. It is what it is, apparently. If you want one for Christmas you better go elsewhere unfortunately. I've cooled down since yesterday and will wait til after 12/28 for delivery of a unit I ordered, and showed as in stock on 11/14. Que sera sera.

UPDATE 2:

compwiz1202 said "I would still like to know if it is a shortage or the rumor is true about them upgrading the screen and battery."

I couldn't get a definitive answer out of any of the 4 customer service reps I was transferred around to. If it is due to shortages, then they should have been more on top of that, and noted it sooner on their sales webpage. However, if it is due to some critical upgrades, I will gladly wait. But, either way, it would  be nice to know.

By the way, where did you hear this rumor?

22 Posts

November 16th, 2011 19:00

I also have not received a response to my email yet. I just dont understand why if I go as if I'm going to order another Streak 7, it still shows tomorrow as the ship date.

22 Posts

November 17th, 2011 08:00

Have you gotten an email response yet? I checked again today and the ship date on a new order still shows tomorrow. They really need to change that if it isn't really going to ship for six weeks.

22 Posts

November 18th, 2011 13:00

Yea I'm glad I just ordered it for me and not as a Christmas gift. I just wish someone knew a reason. Email just said to call, and I knew that would do no good. Still haven't gotten any email about the order being delayed with a reason.

UPDATE: Well at least it finally shows 12/27/2011 as the ship date now so no one else will be deceived. I would still like to know if it is a shortage or the rumor is true about them upgrading the screen and battery.

22 Posts

November 29th, 2011 11:00

Does anyone in CS know anything? Every department I've emailed tells me to call, but no one we call knows anything either. How can you not know why something you sell is backordered over a month???

10 Posts

November 29th, 2011 12:00

i Had the Same ThIng!

10 Posts

Mine was 27 days. Oh and get this, my warranty started on my order date! and once i got it they would not return it!!!!!!!

22 Posts

I'm just hoping their EDD is purposely set later as usual. When I look, it shows that the build time is 20 days, so that would set shipping around Dec 4.

22 Posts

November 29th, 2011 13:00

27 from order to ship date? And when did you order?

10 Posts

November 29th, 2011 13:00

The invioce says the 9th so it was right around there. I can check that to make sure.

10 Posts

November 30th, 2011 19:00

Happy Holiday's

6 Posts

December 1st, 2011 09:00

I'm wondering if Dell was contractually obligated to some big box stores to provide Streaks for the Christmas season. Didn't Best Buy just have a screaming deal on Streaks for Black Friday? That could explain why they got caught with their pants down and ran out of product for their own retail customers. I have no information as to whether or not this is true. I'm speculating. Since Dell CS won't give us answers, speculation is all we're left with.

Hey, Dell. Am I way off base?

22 Posts

December 1st, 2011 10:00

Yes, I was thinking the same thing because I know Amazon had a sale too. And it probably happened right around when I ordered, because the EDD was only three days out when I first ordered, then it changed to 12/26/2011 two days later.

3 Posts

December 1st, 2011 11:00

QVC the buying channel had a Value of the Day on November 13, and they sold over 30,000, I got one but it wasn't supposed to be delivered until December 14-20, but I am suppose to get it to day, so that may have caused a big shortage.

22 Posts

December 1st, 2011 13:00

Sounds like QVC was the one who took my Streak 7 :)

10 Posts

December 1st, 2011 14:00

Quality Control Victor?

No Events found!