Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2011 17:00

Delivery date on Streak 7

I tried to respond to an earlier thread about delivery date being changed from a few days to over a month out for a Streak 7, but that thread mysteriously had the reply button disappear. :emotion-42:

I ordered a Streak 7 on 11/14 and was given an estimated delivery date of 11/21 for 2 days while it "sat" in production. Today my estimated delivery date was changed to 12/28!!!  Is this for real? I'm hoping it was a mistake. I'll withhold judgement until I hear back on the email I sent to Dell support.

Anyone else?

UPDATE: Dell finally changed the estimated ship date yesterday to 5 weeks out. Wish those of us who ordered last week had known about this. It may have affected our purchase choice. Called customer service and got transferred around and got no love. It is what it is, apparently. If you want one for Christmas you better go elsewhere unfortunately. I've cooled down since yesterday and will wait til after 12/28 for delivery of a unit I ordered, and showed as in stock on 11/14. Que sera sera.

UPDATE 2:

compwiz1202 said "I would still like to know if it is a shortage or the rumor is true about them upgrading the screen and battery."

I couldn't get a definitive answer out of any of the 4 customer service reps I was transferred around to. If it is due to shortages, then they should have been more on top of that, and noted it sooner on their sales webpage. However, if it is due to some critical upgrades, I will gladly wait. But, either way, it would  be nice to know.

By the way, where did you hear this rumor?

10 Posts

December 1st, 2011 14:00

If they used SPC like us non union guys have to. (and i am a machinist) not a poet.

10 Posts

December 1st, 2011 15:00

Didn't you pay shipping? even DHL has a tracking system.

3 Posts

I have the same issue and mine is a Christmas gift. I ordered on cyber monday ( my mistake I guess) and it takes 30 days?  Wow.

10 Posts

Except the keyboard app 3.0 works great

22 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 13:00

Now the streak isn't even listed to buy anymore.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 14:00

The streak is GONE , dead , end of life or something. Just got the word and it looks like all orders will be cancelled. I cancelled mine today so maybe whoever hangs in there will actually get one. I have to get a christmas gift so i am off to another brand.  good luck to all who hang there.

10 Posts

December 3rd, 2011 04:00

I think you mean hp? cuase I just got my streak 10?

3 Posts

December 4th, 2011 18:00

sorry I was refering to the 7 not the 10

22 Posts

December 5th, 2011 14:00

Mine finally shipped today, which is what I expected since the build time of 20 days was yesterday, but it wouldn't ship on a Sunday.

1 Message

December 9th, 2011 10:00

@Compwiz1202: Did your order status change prior to receiving your DS7? My Order Date is 11/17 (Still in Production and that was 22 Days ago). Or should I just be counting Business Days? The Estimated Delivery Date is 12/27.

22 Posts

December 9th, 2011 11:00

It shipped on Dec 5. I am returning it since I already got another tablet. If I ever receive my return label.

22 Posts

December 16th, 2011 21:00

Finally got my label after eight days. The screen looked really small for seven inches and I could definitely tell the resolution was poor. But at least it was up to date with 3.2 out of the box. I really like my Acer Iconia Tab A500 I got instead.

No Events found!