Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell Active Pen Not Working

Hii All

I have a problem with Dell Active Pen (Stylus) not working

i have a user which use Dell Latitude 7275 with Dell Active Pen, I don't know, somehow the Active Pen is not working, i tried to other user it's still same, then i try another active pen from other user, first it's working but another it's cannot be use again. so i have 2  damage dell active pen, 

i want to know, is about the pen or the latitude?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
6 Thallium

RE: Dell Active Pen Not Working

Hi wamul,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that the Active Stylus pen is not working as expected.

Here is some information you may find helpful:

http://dell.to/2zc4UUT

Highlighted

My Dell Active Pen not working too. Replaced Battery, reinstalled drivers, reconnected Blue tooth, all the solutions people posted in the support forums, but it's still not working. The button did come on, but pen pointer does not work. 

According to the forum, it does seem like this is not an isolated instant, broadly experienced but multiple users. Would like Dell to make a consolidated response on what is/are the most effective solution. Very frustrating!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dell_User_Michael,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

Which active pen do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hello I have the same problem, I have a 7275 and a PN556w pen, the tip system does not work, but if the top botom and connect via bluetooth ... it does not work to write on the screen ... format my computer and reinstall drivers unsuccessfully
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Active Pen tip/nib Not Working

Same problem here, the two side and top buttons are working but the tip is not (tried using as mouse, inking etc). Have replaced all 3 batteries, deleted and recreated bluetooth pairing, reinstalled drivers. bluetooth is showing pen battery at 95%. Have also tried tapping the tip and the barrel near the tip. PN556W on XPS13 9365.
Highlighted
1 Copper

Try this:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln316213/dell-active-pen-pn579x-not-working-with-supp...

Had exactly the same problem as you. I was about to be very upset with this product but then I remembered I might not be in the correct inking mode. Hope it Helps!

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Same here. Thanks for sharing this. Switched my inking mode and it's working again! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

This literally saved me!! I had tried everything, new batteries, going on device manager, I just couldn't fix it. Was driving me crazy and I'd never even though about the ink mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell PN557w Pen with Latitude 5285. New batteries, uninstall/re-install/update bios/update chip set per Dell agent. Still nothing.

Obviously not the only one having issue.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos