Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2016 14:00

Dell Latitude 7275 date and time Issues

Where do I actually start. Our organisation purchase the 7275 as an all in one tablet for staff to allow them to be mobile. However, we are currently experiencing issues where the date and time seems to go out of sync.

CMOS Date and Time going out of sync

To replicate the issue:

We need to leave the device for long enough that it enters a Hibernate from Sleep – User Away Predicted event (ID 42)

1.While the 7275 is connected to the intranet (LAN, Wifi or DA), disable networking (LAN, Cell and WIFI), then shut the lid.

2.Leave device for at least 60 mins (can vary as event can occur in 30 minutes or long like 120mins)

3.Open lid

a.If device wakes, then repeat process but let in sleep for longer.

b.If devices needs to be boot, hold power button for 3sec until the machine vibrates (you should see the Dell BIOS).  The device will resume from hibernate

i.At this point you could enter the BIOS can check the CMOS clock, it will most likely be wrong.

4.While the device is still disconnected from LAN, Cell and WIFI, login and check the time.  If the time has not altered, then repeat the process but leave device in sleep for longer.

Check the following event log items:

Event ID 42 Sleep – User Away Predicted event (ID 42)

Time-Service Events

Windows time service event (Event ID 4616)

Has anyone else experience this issue and have a resolution for it. We are on the latest drivers and BIOS (1.1.25) and the issue still persist. We are on Windows 10 1607 x64

6 Posts

December 20th, 2016 10:00

We are having the exact same problem with the Dell Lattidue 7275 since upgrading to Windows 10 1607 from Windows 10 1511.

The uncorrect time leads to wrong email dates and expired kerberos tickets in the worst case.

We can usually reproduce this issue by simply switching the tablet to airplane mode (no LAN, Wifi or power) and let it fall to sleep for a longer period of time.  (long enough that the tablet falls into a deeper sleep state). Usually the time is correct but the date jumped a few days in the future.

We are not on the latest BIOS drivers but tests with updating the BIOS or patching the system with the latest Windows Updates didn't solve the issue.

As stated, this issue doesnt appear with Windows 10 1511.

22 Posts

December 20th, 2016 14:00

Hey saReit,

The BIOS update from 1.1.20 to 1.1.25 made the time issue less frequent but it still happens. We have 120 7275 with fresh installs of Windows 10 1607. We did not upgrade from 1511 to 1607. We have service tags ending with LC2, QC2 and BG2 in our fleet. However the date time issue is more frequent on the QC2. Dell still has no answer to this.

6 Posts

December 21st, 2016 09:00

Hi Dell7275,

thanks for your response. I'll update as soon as we are making any progress on this topic.

1 Message

January 11th, 2017 09:00

Was this ever worked out?

We are experiencing the same issue with one of our 7275.

The Time and date issue occurs, then our encryption software has issues because the BIOs and windows time differ.

Thanks

6 Posts

January 11th, 2017 12:00

No solution yet on our side.

@Dell7275 any progress made on your side?

4 Posts

January 12th, 2017 11:00

We have 2 of these 7275s and are having this exact same issue.

It seems that this is not a new issue.  I found a thread on Microsoft's Surface forum from 2015 that describes the issue as a Windows Time Service problem when set by group policy.  Funny that this is about Windows 8.1, but the problem has somehow returned with the latest 1607 build of Windows 10.

Here is the post if you care to read it.

answers.microsoft.com/.../943881ef-ea46-4a02-b77f-3ed163edec05

FYI.  I tried disabling Connected Standby in the registry and that did keep the Date and Time from advancing.  However with Connected Standby disabled resuming from sleep is no longer possible.

9.4K Posts

January 13th, 2017 07:00

Hi msteiner33,

Thanks for posting.

I suggest you check the BIOS settings, check if there is any settings in BIOS can affect this. Discharging BIOS to have a try. If the issue persists, it will be better if you could provide a screenshot about your issue, which will be very helpful for us to troubleshoot your issue.

6 Posts

January 13th, 2017 10:00

Hi DELL-Robert P,

we already opened a business incident at DELL but had no success for now. BIOS settings were already checked (even the available sleep state settings). A screenshot wont help, because all it really does is to jump through time and date.

Any suggestions are welcome as this issue is critical in our company.

Thanks.

22 Posts

January 15th, 2017 16:00

We too are still having this problem despite having the latest BIOS 1.1.25. Similar to @saReit, we have checked everything and the issue still persist.

as you can see from the screenshot, it's a day ahead and this occured today. (we are now just 16/01/2017) 

22 Posts

January 15th, 2017 16:00

Just to add, we have the latest windows update and latest dell drivers from 12th Jan 2017

9.4K Posts

January 16th, 2017 09:00

If you've already opened a business incident, then you should follow up with that team, as our team is consumer (home user) based.

6 Posts

January 16th, 2017 10:00

@Dell7275

Did you already try to disable the connected sync? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power --> CsEnabled = 0

I found this in the article mentionend by @pfft and the test I'm running right now gives me a stable time on the tablet.

When I check the eventlog the Power-Kernel entry now says "Returning from sleep" instead  of "Returning from Hibernate". Today I resynced all policies and all of the missing windows updates to check if that might be a possible workaround.

6 Posts

January 20th, 2017 07:00

Heres a quick update for anybody who comes across this issue as well:

- CsEnabled 1 / HibernateEnabled 1 = time jumps

- CsEnabled 0 / HibernateEnabled 1 = no time jumps / no sleep available

- CsEnabled 1 / HibernateEnabled 0 = no time jumps / no hibernate available

we are now running with CsEnabled 1 / HibernateEnabled 0 as a workaround (users dont really care about the hibernate option). problem not solved though.

22 Posts

January 22nd, 2017 13:00

Wow.. Thanks saReit. I will try that out. Will keep you posted

January 23rd, 2017 22:00

Hi, is your Try Work ?!

We have the same Problem as you ...

but Turn off of hybernate or sleep cant be the Solution

No Events found!