DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

Re: Dell Streak 2.1 - isn't recognised by Dell PC Suite

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delayed response. Can you see the Dell PC Suite program in the Start menu (i.e. Start button - All Programs - Dell - Dell PC  Suite)?  If not, its possible you may have an O/S (operating system) or 3rd party softwae issue. The quickest way to find out is to follow these steps before reinstalling the PC Suite program:

1. Make sure you download the file using Internet Explorer. Save it to your system, rather than running it from the web site. Also, don't use the Dell Driver Download Manager nor the "Add to Download List" option. Stick with the blue "Download" button on the driver page.
  2. Close all other programs and services temporarily.
  3. Turn off you antivirus/security software temporarily.
  4. Right-click on the downloaded file to install as Administrator

Steps 2 and 3 can be tricky if there are items running in the background. A quick way to ensure everything else is off, click on Start - Run and type in "MSCONFIG". Go to the "Services" tab, check off the "Hide all Microsoft Services" box, then click the "Disable All" button. Click on the "Apply" button, then move over to the "Startup" tab. Click on the "Disable All" button, then click "Ok" to save and reboot.

Try the installation at this point. Afterwards, go back into MSConfig on the "General" tab, change it back to "Normal Startup" and reboot. This will restore your previous settings.

If this process works, this means you had some other software/process running that would not allow the full installation of the Streak software.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
Hugo111
1 Nickel

"

Unzipped it and installed right the way through the proccess and clicked finish still wont reconise my phone when connected and will not leave dell icon on taskbar.

"

that was great to know about this on how to installed ....It really help us here..thanks again...

Just keep on posting...

[url=http://www.helpgurus.com/] PC tech support [/url]

0 Kudos
alansewellgbr
1 Copper

Hi tried this still does,nt recognice my phone but does pick up the micro sd card in it and what is on it.

Regds  Alan.

Hi also noticed this week that all my contacts are mixed up for instance addresses under totally diffrent contacts and diffrent telephone no and email addresses could'nt figure out why i kept getting the wrong person when i used my contacts menu.

Regds Alan.

0 Kudos
rebski
1 Nickel

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

@Dell-Amy B: Thank you for being active in this.

I have followed your method and the results are as before. The Streak is not recognised by Win7 as a USB device and the contents of the SD card are not therefore visible.

I have no interest in Sync or Backup so haven’t tried that.

Crucially in Device Manager /Android Phone Android Composite ADB Device is shown as OK but there is an error by Android Bootloader Interface.

What to do next? Not much I expect until Dell works on its software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sumanbiswas
1 Copper

Hi Tracy,

Please check your link to download DELL PC Suite for XCD 28 on Android 2.1, it is not working.

Another question, I want to upgrade XCD 28 to Android 2.2 can you guide me how to do it?

Thanks,

SUman

0 Kudos