Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2012 21:00

Dell Streak 7 Won't Charge

I have two Dell Streak 7 tablets, both of them have stopped charging. I have three connectors, the two that came with the devices and bought a new connector encase they weren't working. Can't get them to charge. Please help, dell support is useless after 4 hours still no help from them.

126 Posts

January 7th, 2012 13:00

hi are you using the supplied mains to usb socket  charger ,simply plugging the usb lead into a computer usb isnt going to charge it or itll take forever ,it must be 2amps output

5 Posts

January 7th, 2012 13:00

Yes, I am using supplied connectors and chargers. They are plugged into the wall that have appropriate amps and I’ve tried using many different outlets throughout my home and office. Any other suggestion?

126 Posts

January 7th, 2012 14:00

thats strange that they should both stop charging at the same time faulty charge port one yes but i doubt theyd both fail at the same time, did you install any applications prior to them stop charging or even root them for total access

126 Posts

no you wont find rooting in the manual as it would invalidate your warranty some people do it to gain total system control...are the two streek7s totally exhausted of battery power? im as this as my neices samsung phone she drained it so low battery then left few days then when tried to charge it wouldnt appear to charge at all ,but leaving the charger connected couple days all a sudden it resumed charging ,, but to be honest i suspect your charger is the problem perhaps its gone faulty and isnt supplying the 2amps needed to charge but its work with your other tech so must be supplying some amperage,, youll have to persevere with dell support and see what help theyll offer...

5 Posts

I agree, very odd that they both stopped charging within two days apart. No new apps were added and I don’t know what you mean by"root" them for total access", whatever that is I don’t know how to do that and I can’t find anything in the manual about it. So, I going to say no, I did not "root" it.

5 Posts

Yes, I plugged in my bluethooth and it charged and my iphone using the iphone connector and it also charged.

126 Posts

do you have any other usb powered devices that you could connect  to the dells usb charge socket ,just to verify its working??

6 Posts

February 1st, 2012 08:00

Hi there, I have a Dell Streak 7 as well, the solving of problem is: on the side is a cover, open that cover and you will see a small hole. That hole is a hard reset of the device. Take a small pin and push that reset button while holding a power on button. The dell streak has to be connected on power. Hold both of the buttons until you see a connecting red light comes on. 

1 Message

February 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi, I am having the same issue with my dell streak 7.  I tried charging it using the usb and plugging it into the wall.  However, it still will not come on.  When I hit the power button, the red light briefly flashes and then goes off.  The tablet never comes on.  Please help!!!

172 Posts

February 3rd, 2012 11:00

Hi, I am having the same issue with my dell streak 7.  I tried charging it using the usb and plugging it into the wall.  However, it still will not come on.  When I hit the power button, the red light briefly flashes and then goes off.  The tablet never comes on.  Please help!!!

Have you tried what Dajasam just suggested above?

February 4th, 2012 21:00

i too am having the same issue i can hold the power button and the white side lights come on the red light flickers and then back off! and if you hold both volume keys and power the white light stays on but the screen stays black i am serious pissed. i called tech support and the man told me this was not covered under my warranty and it would cost me 250 us dollars to fix but refused to tell me whats wrong with my tablet which i am using for school and a small home based  business any help would be greatly appreciated even if its buying parts to fix i have some docs. i need to retrieve

February 4th, 2012 22:00

does this issue have anything to do with dell no longer carrying the ds7?

February 4th, 2012 22:00

and soft resets , fast boots dont work in my case

1 Message

February 12th, 2012 15:00

i have two with the same problem these things are junk

4 Posts

February 27th, 2012 07:00

This does not work.

No Events found!