Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2012 21:00

Dell Streak 7 Won't Charge

I have two Dell Streak 7 tablets, both of them have stopped charging. I have three connectors, the two that came with the devices and bought a new connector encase they weren't working. Can't get them to charge. Please help, dell support is useless after 4 hours still no help from them.

15 Posts

April 12th, 2012 09:00

Did you ever figure it out exdstreaker?? i am having the same problem, sooo <ADMIN NOTE :Profanity removed per TOU policy> with this thing! Its so worthless and just junk! never had such an issue with any device, i cant believe it! this is the fourth issue i have had since owning this thing!

15 Posts

Yes! Tried a million zillion times!! Does not work!!!  What is the Solution????! Please, before i smash this thing into the wall!

15 Posts

Junk is right!! As far as the pin hole reset, i have done it several times, I barely have but like 5 percent battery, still reading thru all these forums, no answer on what to do! So angry and frustrated, I want to go outside and run it over with my car!!!! Never going to buy another one of these, or any dell product EVER AGAIN!!! JUNK! problem after problem, now how the hell do i fix this!!!!

15 Posts

This does not work!! dajasam!! seriously, give me something i can work with!!!

1 Message

May 10th, 2012 16:00

I am on my third Streak. We have been very disappointed in the product and the customer service. I believe the issue with not charging is due to a flaw in the device. Lately, mine has been charging intermittently. My hubby bought this for me for my birthday last year, and noticed that the extended warranty was not available for the Streak. I believr this is because Dell knew/knows they had/have a flawed product. So far, we have exchanged it twice within our warranty. Now, needing a new one de to the same issue-won't power on or charge-they are giving us a hard time. It is within the year, but they arent wanting to replace it.

i checked out this forum wondering if anyone has tried the Powermat to try to charge? I think I will try that next and post results.

Meanwhile, no more Dell products for this family!

15 Posts

May 14th, 2012 10:00

didnt think about the Powermat, if you try it please tell me how it works.  but im leery of even spending one more red cent on this piece -

15 Posts

May 14th, 2012 10:00

its a joke!! i bought a new plug for it on ebay, but it didnt fix the thing! just wasted more money on some worthless product. now its resting in peace in my sock drawer, my socks serve more purpose than this piece of junk ~

1 Message

May 21st, 2012 14:00

i never found a solution ive moved on to a hp touch pad 32gb dual boot android os and webos (hp/palm os) and i am in love will never be returning to dell i even sold my lap top and desk top due to lack of customer service support

5 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 12:00

I had this issue with both of the dell streak 7 tablets that I bought, the solution that worked for me was to do a hard reset of the device. To do a hard reset you will need to open the side panel that houses the sd card, beside the sd card slot you will see a small pin hole, take a paper clip and hold down until the tablet restarts, after it powers back up completely and you see the lock screen plug your streak into your computer not the wall charger and it should begin to charge again (at least for our tablets it did).  

Then you should be able to charge it with your wall charger again!!!!!!!! (again this is what worked for myself and my wife's dell streak 7).

5 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 13:00

you are on the right track, do the hard reset with the pinhole again, but this time (if you haven't already) plug your streak into your computer not the wall charger after it boots back up, let me know if this works for you (it worked for both of my dell streak 7's).

5 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 15:00

After months of trying to get help from Dell with the Dell Streak 7 tablet it is clear that Dell has abandon the customers who bought them. There were some serious flaws with this product that Dell has been aware of, that's why they have discontinued selling them. Customers have been forced to endure long, useless conversations with their outsourced customer service reps. And search the Internet desperately trying to find answers to make their device work, so their investment in this product didn't just "go down the drain". Dells response "No Comment"! The best solution to this is to refuse to buy any Dell products untill they take responsibility for selling a flawed product and offer a monetary resolution to their customers who bought them. Hit their wallets like they've hit ours, send the message to Dell Corporation, "Play Fair Or We'll Take You Out Of The Game!

15 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 22:00

yeah for real!! kre8magic! they don't care and i cant even understand them anyways. long useless conversations is dead on. they wouldn't do anything. just kept telling me they're going to call me back, every single time i call them. its been a horrible experience and very frustrating. i bought mine at a charity auction - and finally after getting the run around for days trying to get someone to actually do something, they told me they won't cover it and couldn't help me. never had a problem with any product  and customer service like this before. i already took them out of the game-

15 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 22:00

thank you menace!! yes, i am trying this right now. i did the pinhole reset and plugged it into my computer, i  just cant tell if its getting power or not

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 05:00

@rachel, no problem, I hope this works because i know its frustrating, you may just have to try some different combinations as far as when to plug it into the computer, but plugging it into the computer rather than the wall charger seemed to work for me and sorry i dont have a good reason why, I think i just got lucky, and fortunately it worked twice

what operating system do you use on your computer?  i dont know if this makes any difference or not but it did recognize the streak as an external hard drive right away on windows 7 64bit  and acted as if it was installing device drivers for sync up (sync up is windows software to interact with my streak)

do you have windows or mac? is your computer even seeing your streak?

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 05:00

if the other method didn't work you may want to try doing the hard reset when plugged into the computer

just a thought

No Events found!