Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2012 11:00

Dell Streak 7 will not turn on-force start doesn't work

the tablet does not turn on- although the side menu items are lit.  I tried the force stop and hitting the on/off button (at one time and simutaneously) and this does not work. 

any other suggestions?  thanks.

1 Message

July 21st, 2013 06:00

Hello,

My Dell Streak 7 is not working. when i tries to turn it on, it stucks on the T-mobile logo, i also tried to solve it through the Honeycomb 3.2 update.pkg but could not succeeded, after verifying SD card it states that "Install Modem Error System will reboot again", facing the issue unable to connect to the Dell customer care. Not getting any response. i did fastboot for my DELL streak 7 as well.

Can anyone please advise how to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Prashant

2 Posts

August 8th, 2013 03:00

I have read the many problems with Dell Streak 7, all more or less showing the same symptoms. Streak appears dead, will not charge and does not respond to the +/- Volume combined with Power switch or to the pin reset solution. My Dell Streak acted the same and I tried all solutions to no avail.  I had had the Streak about one and a half months.

However after instigating returning for repair/replacement and before so doing I left it for 24 hours.  it still would not boot up but I again tried to charge it and THIS time the the red charging light came on. After 2 hours the green light replaced the red. I then booted up the Streak and it worked fine with no loss of apps or data.

I think the person who suggested it had gone into sleep mode is closest to the truth. Perhaps in last usage before encountering refusal to power up, it continued to download (or carry out a similar action) and likely was not powered off (in my case  cannot remember).  Whatever the reason trying within an hour or so brought no results, not the remainder of the day.  The battery (I believe) had to exhaust itself completely  and only when it had done so would it then respond to being re-charged.   It is just an opinion but in my case leaving it 24 hours (overnight should likely work) allowed it to respond to the charge action.  I pass this on to others in case it works for you.   

As I write it has continued without a problem but I do make a make a point of powering off -or leaving connected to a PC via USB - during the day.   It is wise for good battery life to allow the battery to run down low from time to time before recharging.  When finished for the day unless leaving it on power charge, power off each time.

Bottom line: Leave the Streak alone and try again next day - you never know it might solve your problem.

Noodles39

September 19th, 2013 15:00

hello my tablet turns on but it continues to stay on the logo "dell" and it will not turn all the way on...may you please help me out

2 Posts

September 20th, 2013 02:00

The solution that worked for me was when my Dell Streat 7 would NOT switch on at all. The answer I was given -and it worked - was make sure it was charged (connect to the charger and leave on for at least 2 hours or overnight) then start up next day - and mine worked Ok and has since.

As your's stays on the logo 'Dell' I can only suggest you switch off and plug in the charger and leave alone (Do this even if you think it is already charged). If you do this at night leave on charge overnight.   Then try again. (Important leave alone for several hours). Make sure the red light comes on when it is being charged, if not that is a separate problem.   

Apparently the Dell and some other Androids when they will not switch on or 'hang' need to be purged(dont ask). They need to be on charge and be fully charged at the end and before you switch on again.  It is really the same as re-booting a PC which often cures things. In the case of the Dell just rebooting and trying again is not a solution. It needs to be left on charge and not used for a decent period of time (4 hours should do it if pushed).

Other than that I would Google your problem (if you haven't already) because someone out there may have an answer specific to your problem.  If the red charging light does not come on (I had this for a time) disconnect, leave alone a while, and try again. (It worked for me)

Good luck (Noodles39)

October 6th, 2013 08:00

Thanks so much for this post.  I was able to update my Streak 7 OK.  One additional note is to be careful you download the right version.  I needed the European version - elsewhere I got a link to the US wifi version, but that didn't work.

also note - if you are getting flashing red charging lights when you try to get the bios to load the update, it's because your battery isn't charged enough.  It won't run unless you have at least 60% battery, so get it fully charged before you start.

Thanks for the help

David

1 Message

October 28th, 2013 20:00

where is the pin reset button....I can't find out.Is this white colour on left of the sdcard slot.

November 2nd, 2013 13:00

My battery cannot be removed, and I've tried resetting It and that Hasn't been Working, is there anything else that can be done?

November 2nd, 2013 16:00

The main thing is to be sure the battery is fully charged.  It won't do much if the battery isn't at least 60%.  The you can try doing a reset, open the SD card door and look for a smail hole to the left of the door that you can push a small, straightened paper clip into.  That should reset the unit.  Then try powering on again by holding down the power button until the DELL logo comes up.  Good luck

david

1 Message

December 19th, 2013 13:00

hi amy I have the same problem my dell streak 7 just keep presenting the Dell logo but does not start I tried the pin reset but it does not work, do you think removing the battery will solve the issue or do I have to do something else, I already tried the factory reset trick. thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

alexis

December 19th, 2013 15:00

The first thing to try is to make sure the battery is fully charged, it won't boot unless the battery is almost full.  Then see if you can reset with the pin in the small hole (use a straightened paper clip) on the left of the SD card slot.  Good luck

Davey

1 Message

March 11th, 2014 12:00

I did what you said but still had trouble connecting to internet via uverse. I would enter my password that I had set up for security but it wouldn't connect, I remembered that I was given a password from uverse to use with their initial router/modem unit and entered that and I am now connected.I have my other wireless connections hooked up with the password I created ie.. my tablet,DirecTV,roku,and laptop. I thought I was stuck with a door stop but now I am not having any problems.Hope this info can help others with a similar problem.

No Events found!