Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2011 06:00

Dell Streak Android 3.0 Honeycomb Update!!!!

Dear Friends

i really like dell streak in a complete gadget and egarly waiting for its latest update...

can anyone provide me exact info when actually dell streak will be getting its update.

8 Posts

June 6th, 2011 11:00

Bump...as I would like to know too...and as I just got my streak how are updates  pushed?

17 Posts

July 8th, 2011 09:00

DJ_Steve is working on Gingerbread and has a beta out right now.  As far as I know there are no feasible plans for Honeycomb as of yet.  I've heard rumors that Dell is going to release Gingerbread but I wouldn't hold my breath.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2011 20:00

Actually I bought the Streak7 on the promise that they were going to upgrade to Gingerbread. When is the issue.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2011 06:00

I also bought the Streak 7 because it was built for Honeycomb, and the key selling point for these devices is that they would be upgraded to Honeycomb. I love Dell products, but in this case if they fail to give us the upgrade they promised, I will have to dismiss any idea of buying another Dell Tablet.

Apple may be getting a new iPad customer!

1 Message

August 2nd, 2011 16:00

honeycomb will not come to the streak7 sorry guys..reality ..allthough it was stated the streak was the most obvious to receive this upgrade DELL has no plans on bringing honeycomb 3.1 to the s7. 2.3 is an upgrade to older phones and it would be a pointless upgrade for the s7.. why do you think DELL has never responded to this?

8 Posts

August 4th, 2011 08:00

Time to purchase a tablet from a company who knows how to support their user base and product... sure ain't dell!!! I can tell you that much.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2011 21:00

How very very disapointing.  Makes me regret my recent Dell Streak 7 purchase.

8 Posts

August 7th, 2011 09:00

Dell got all hurt about one of my comments and deleted it. See they are here and they're reading, but they don't care. If they can comb over this board (who cares if it's a moderator or not, it's someone from dell) and delete posts but they won't answer them.

8 Posts

September 21st, 2011 11:00

This article from UnWired says (01 Sep 11)

www.unwiredview.com/.../dell-streak-7-will-receive-android-honeycomb-upgrade

"The company has confirmed today that it will upgrade the Streak 7 to Android 3.2 Honeycomb. A few Streak 7 units running Honeycomb have been spotted at IFA. It’s almost vanilla Honeycomb here, with a touch of Dell’s Stage UI added in for good measure.

Unfortunately, a clear release date for the update hasn’t been announced yet. "

8 Posts

September 23rd, 2011 16:00

Reading other forum thread it says the Android 3 update got pushed to October 2011.

Here it is the link

www5.nohold.net/.../Loginr.aspx

Type honeycomb and press search on that link.

It says "The Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) operating system is expected to launch by October 2011."

5 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 14:00

Good luck putting that update on your phone if it doesn't brick your phone!   hopefully you're still in warranty so that they can keep sending you replacement unit until they send you one that works!  yeah dell I'm going to pay you 249 so that you can provide support on software the phone said was ready for an update OTA so that it can brick itself and restart anytime it wants to...better yet how about I give someone that 249.00 for a tablet that works!! even a 150.00 hp tablet would of been better than spending the time and money and aggravation i've had to put up with your tab/phone that has made me miss calls and important emails cause I had to wait 4-20 mins on a battery pull cause 2.2 decided to reset itself!  and better yet not even the decency to contact a customer back and ask how we can resolve an issue.  TALK ABOUT POOR QUALITY ON CUSTOMER CARE!  DELL ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR MONEY!  THEY"VE LOST THEIR OLD WAYS HOPEFULLY THIS TYPE OF MENTALITY DURING HARSH TIMES FOR ANY COMPANY TO TAKE ANY PERSON FOR EVERY PENNY THEY HAVE KEEPS YOUR INVESTORS HAPPY CAUSE FROM NOW ON I WONT BE LOOKING TOWARDS DELL FOR SUPPORT.    NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

8 Posts

October 21st, 2011 10:00

I'm very happy using Android 3.2 (Dell Update) on the Streak 7 wifi.  It is working very good at my side. I was first confused with the installation procedure, but later the instructions was posted in a blog.

So, when are we going to start asking for Ice Cream Sandwich?  ;)

1 Message

October 26th, 2011 14:00

Where did you find the instructions for the install. I downloaded the official update from XDA forums, but I am confused with the instructions from that post.

1 Message

October 27th, 2011 07:00

Lol the majority of us have had no problems updating. Less time complaining and more time fixing your problem and you wouldn't be so angry....and your device would be working.  Comparing this to a touchpad makes no sense at all as it is a discontinued item good luck having a bug free experience with it. 

4 Posts

October 27th, 2011 11:00

From what I read, Honeycomb (3.2) was specifically designed for tablets, and Ice Cream Sandwich is simply the best of Honeycomb designed for phones.  Therefore, there is no need to put Ice Cream Sandwich on your tablet if you have Honeycomb.

No Events found!