agent5150
1 Copper

RE: Dell Streak - Crashes Regularly.

are you running the latest android build for your streak?
0 Kudos

RE: Dell Streak - Crashes Regularly.

I did a factory reset and followed the instructions I found on another forum to install the official AT&T Build, but deliberately chose one level backwards.  Then I did another reset.  After I got the thing set up, as I hoped, it did an over the air update to the current release.  It didn't help.  I called in a few days ago.  The replacement arrived yesterday.  It works the way an expensive phone should.

0 Kudos
Chamo4u2
1 Copper

Re: Dell Streak - Crashes Regularly.

Oh yeah....I HOPE AND PRAY Your device is under warranty cause DELL is HORRIBLE IN SUPPORTING THIS ISSUE EVEN THOUGH I BET YOU DOWNLOADED YOUR UPGRADE FROM the DELL LINK provided to you by the "You have an update ready for this device"   MY was 49 days originally when mine did the same thing and they gave me the whole run around.  They told me first that I had a corrupt install so they make you reset it so you loose all your info, then they made me reset and install from SD option number two when you do a hard reset also didn't fix it.  and then they give you their "MONEY MAKER"  ""SORRY BUT THAT'S ALL WE CAN DO FOR YOU, IMPORTUNATELY YOUR DEVICE IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND YOU'LL HAVE TO GIVE US 249.00 DOLLARS SO THAT WE CAN SHIP YOU OUT A REPLACEMENT UNIT, HERE'S THE BEST PART THAT ONLY HAS 90 DAYS WARRANTY."  lol so here's what's happened....and I've been doing a lot of reading.  Dell outsourced the making of this device to a third party slapped their name on it got people to buy a ton of them cause they partner with ATT so it looks like a reliable tool for you.  ATT gets you under contract for two years but not being an ATT official device ATT can't warranty the device for two years and the only warranty you can get is DELLS for one year SO Dell knows that they had issue with the internal SD card corrupting after the install not the 16GB you can see but there's a 2gb internal one that has been giving them issue. So pray to God that you have warranty cause

1. Dell wont back up their OWN UPGRADE even though it came from their page>> they're excuse on this is "we didn't provide it Android is not a software we make it's made by Google so HAHAHAHA SORRY DELL USER YOU"RE ON YOUR OWN

2.YOU ARE OUT OF WARRANTY>> even though it worked on 1.6 you installed the update out of warranty and to replace an issue WE ARE QUITE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAT IT HAPPENS you need to pay us 249.00 for 90 days of warranty...so let's see 299.99 with a two year contract to ATT plus 249.00 to extend warranty 90 days after a year so when it brakes again after 90 days they can keep charging 249.00 thanks but no thanks never again will I buy another dell product and I will tell every consumer that I meet and greet and sale to (since I do work for a large company that has a huge influence on better products than an outsourced streak.  Do yourself a favor pay 99.00 and get yourself an SII from samsung. you'll be a lot happier.

0 Kudos
Chamo4u2
1 Copper

Re: Dell Streak - Crashes Regularly.

this is a lie, since the sim card will not affect issues with wifi or gps I gurantee you that if you trouble shoot the device with out a sim card it will still reset and hang just the same.  They have an issue with their internal 2g SD and Dell knows it but wont help their customers stop wasting time and stress on them get your self a samsung device  if you want a great phone get your self an SII or even an Atrix2 a good tab getyourself the galaxy tab

0 Kudos