Dovedale
1 Copper

Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

Amy

You say that it's not true that UK users were promised that they would be first for the Froyo update, that it was just a rumor. But the official Dell UK Facebook feed said this on Nov 12:

"Dell Home UK: DellStreak will begin a rollout of the 2.2 update OTA before the end of Nov. This is happening over a period of time and staggered by region, starting in the UK.You will receive notification of the update directly on your Streak. If you don’t see it before the end of Nov, please be patient as your build may be happening at a later stage."

That looks to me like an offial notice from Dell that the UK would get Froyo before the US, not a rumor "started by two tweets from UK customers".

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
kohiiou
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since the Dell Streak was recently released in Hong Kong, I am sure there may be a few people who have the same questions as me.

I recently purchased the Dell Streak unlocked through retail here in Hong Kong, and am wondering if/when Hong Kong Dell Streak users will receive the 2.2 update.

I am also concerned about the the firmware that is preinstalled into the hardware of the Hong Kong Dell.  The version details are as follows for the Dell Streak I purchased as stated under "About Phone" in "Settings":
Model Number: Dell Streak
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: GAUSB1A120321-EU
Kernel version: 2.6.29-perf
OEM Version: STREAK.ANDROID.HK
Build number: 20100908

Although I purchased the unlocked Dell Streak through a formal channel (Broadway Electronic Retail Store) here in Hong Kong, I noticed that the baseband version is based on the O2 baseband.  From my understanding, the baseband numbers ending in 00 is a determinate factor in deciding if a phone is not tied to a carrier, and since my Streak's baseband ends in 21, does that mean I have to wait until the O2 Froyo updates is distributed?

A summary of some of my questions are listed below:
1. Do I have to wait for the O2 OTA to be available before update?  If so, does this mean O2 specific updates will be installed?
2. Will it be possible at all to update this version of the Streak (this is important to me considering that I have purchased it through an official retail channel)?
3. If the phone does not require carrier specific updates, does this mean that the firmware for this version of the Streak will be available in Phase 1 of the planned roll out?

Thank you, ahead of time, for any information that you can provide.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Minazou
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Me too, using Streak bought in Hong Kong.

And  I tryed to request updates from setting menu, met 'Server Error in '/' Application'.

I want to know same thing of your questions.

0 Kudos
dakeb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Amy, Will I get the OTA update? I have: -

Firmware: 2.1-update1

Baseband version: GAUSB1A120321-EU

Kernel version: 2.6.29-perf

OEM Version: GAUSB1A120321

Build number: 6941

If not, how will I be able to upgrade?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
LimpMan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

hi kohiiou you have totally different then mine i also bought from broadway.

mine one is like this

Firmware -1.6

Base band-GAUSB1A111511-EU

Kernel version-ditto

OEM Version-GAUSB1A111511

Build -7299

I also wondering when i get 2.2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jeremy981
1 Copper

Jump to solution

First, thanks for your response.  I was looking more for a clarification on the distinction between a Best Buy device vs. one purchased from Dell. The FAQ answer specifically mentions Best Buy devices will receive it on December 3rd. This has caused some confusion around the web as to whether or not AT&T devices purchased directly from Dell will be on the same timetable.  Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
CarlXS
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Amy,

I am an admin of the French forum dedicated to Streak (streak.forumgratuit.fr), and many of our members are awaiting the update since we read your article (baseband 00, Roma 6267, unlocked).

Can you give us more details about this update and  the availability in France?

Thanks

Carl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
akguy53
1 Copper

Jump to solution

"

"Best Buy devices currently in stores will be eligible for the Froyo update on December 3, 2010"

What about Streaks purchased directly from Dell a month before Best Buy had them, locked and under contract to ATT? Are they also Dec 3rd?

0 Kudos
DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hi Ashr,

If your phone was purchased unlocked, then the following would apply: "The rollout of the upgrade will be gradual with different regions and versions of Donut and Éclair updated over the weeks following November 15, 2010. "

Those phones that are tied to a provider will start their updates in December.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hi Azdudeaz,

It sounds like you are in the same situation as Mauricio. See my reply to him.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos