bobwoj
1 Copper

Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

hi amy so if people have installed dj steve's 2.2  does that mean thay wil not get the ota update??

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Note about Canada and Rogers.

I, just like most poeple are nervous, that like 2.1, some of us will not get an update at all. Unlocked or Locked. The Dell Streak is an amazing device to say the least, but 1.6 in this market just doesn't cut it. I'm afraid that 2.2 wont be seen in Canada at all, and I think that thought is the same for alot of people. People hearing we are updating a region at time doesn't help because region is not defined. Everyone wants 2.2 and just knowing that come Dec. 31st every streak will will put a lot to ease.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

hi amy so if people have installed dj steve's 2.2  does that mean thay wil not get the ota update??

Nope you have to be running an official release from Dell to get the OTA update.

0 Kudos
Desmodronic
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Still, the question is still out there regarding the upcoming unlocked version. Will it have a different 3G radio? I went to the link provided earlier, but there is no information on this. You can order one, but no info?
0 Kudos
pappyfire
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I tried the new Nero sync software and it does not work. I cannot synce my Streak to Outlook, all I see is transfering multi-media files. I have searched several other forums trying to find out if maybe you need to be on 2.2 for it to work. I did find a post saying that the Nero sync doesn't work if your PC is running 64 bit Win7. Can anyone confirm this is the case??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ranida
6 Indium

Jump to solution

As I understand it , the procedure is to use the nero backup before updateing to 2.2 froyo, then restore your streak, uninstal dell pc suite and instal the new nero pc suite. the new pc suite will not work if you do not have the update to 2.2.

am sure there are others that can explain better, hope that helps

ran

prowing
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Amy,Thanks for the quick response ,  and i really appreciate you taking  the time to answer the questions of everyone on this thread.  Regarding the unlocked streak, do you know if there will be a version that will support At&t gsm/3g bands?

0 Kudos
kohiiou
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the prompt response.  Another concern in regards to the update is that I am worried about the version I have.  According to the information in the phone, it states that the OEM version is "STREAK.ANDROID.HK", and when I try to check for updates through "Settings" -> "About Phone" -> "System Updates", it sends me to http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=STREAK.ANDROID.HK

However, when I am sent to the page, I get the following error: "Server Error in '/' Application."

It is possible to duplicate the error by following the aforementioned link.

I purchased the Dell Streak, as I stated before, through Broadway, a retail chain in Hong Kong, and am just wondering if this version of the Streak is an official version and am worried that if this version of Android is not supported by Dell, I would never get an update (even though I bought it through a retail outlet).  I believe that there are also other people in Hong Kong who have tried accessing the update page and experienced the same error.

If the page said "No update available", I would probably be more relaxed, but an error on the page puts doubt about the authenticity of the Dell Streak I purchased.  Thank you ahead of time, as any information on the OEM version, "STREAK.ANDROID.HK", and it's validity would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
cynicbull
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have same problem with kohiiou.

Bought the streak from same retailer, with same base band, same OEM version and same build number .

When I tried upgrade by wifi several weeks ago, it showed "your device is updated", but today it shows "sever error".

I am worried about if/when/how I could get this update. Is this OEM version an official by Dell or the retailer cheated me?

0 Kudos
Kitipoj
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Amy!

My younger brother  bough the streak from US since August and already unlocked by AT&T code for me since he know I love Dell Streak. Actually I live in Thailand and can use the streak by my local network provider, DTAC but I could not read thai in the Streak. After I know that the new update Froyo roll out so In this morning I check to the system update to update but "no software update at this time" appear at its screen. Kindly please suggest what I should do to get the update.

My OEM Version: GAUSB1A111231 and Build Number 6601.

0 Kudos