19apple
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

Hello,

I did not go through all the postings from this conversation.

Anyway I have an unlocked streak from FRANCE and 2.2 is still not available.

ANY IDEA AS OF WHEN it will be available for download ???

0 Kudos
CarlXS
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Salut ami français!

Amy m'a déjà répondu page précédente:

"Hi Carl,

For unlocked Dell Streak purchases, I would recommend checking for the update in France in one week. There will be instructions in French included in the update.

Thank you,

Amy"

Nous en discutons sur notre forum français: http://streak.forumgratuit.fr/discussion-infos-questions-f1/22-en-route-aujourd-***-t593.htm

0 Kudos
Sriraam
1 Copper

Jump to solution

hey amy,

you have spoken about EU and US updates in details but what about updates to indian customers? will it be simultaneous... will be happy if u can provide some specifics on that!

0 Kudos
Dr Android
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/3824/p/19353843/19778572.aspx#19778572

0 Kudos
19apple
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@

Merci !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jaffa1968
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'm pretty frustrated with the whole Dell Streak update issue, it has poisoned me against Dell specifically and manufacturers generally who seem to think its acceptable to release sub-standard products just because they can be updated later, often at the users inconvenience.

I wanted a Streak as soon as I saw it but I wouldn't buy it with Android 1.6 because I specifically wanted Flash support and I had no confindence in Dell supporting it once they had my money. When I read that the Android 2.1 update had been released I ordered my streak from Dell. I didn't realise that the 2.1 update was O2 specific and anyway by the time my Streak arrived (much later than indicated by the website but that's another story) the 2.1 update had been withdrawn due to its bugs.

So again I'm pleased with the piece of hardware Dell has delivered but frustrated by their software, support & the information provided to customers. My phone (like others) freezes occasionally or I'll go to use it and its off which means I can't rely on it as my business phone, I kept it hoping the promised update would fix these problems.

After weeks of no information we're now told that 2.2 will start rolling out to 'unlocked' customers on 15 November, well that's me and 2 days later my Streak is still not updated. It really isn't good enough. The streak is probably my last Dell purchase and definately the last time I buy something relying on a future update to provide the product I want.

I can't tell you how much I wish I'd sent it back and bought the HTC Desire HD.

0 Kudos
Brandon1984
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

+1.......especially being  on Robbers. They never update there devices......

0 Kudos
Mpire
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

3G UK and 3G US are different bands/frequencies. 3G in the UK does not guarantee 3G in the US.

0 Kudos
Brandon1984
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

HI Amy,

My question is in regards to Streaks purchased from Dell in Canada as of today.....what OS will the now ship with??

0 Kudos
Mpire
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

There is. It just has to be a AT&T unit. 3G UK and 3G US are different bands/frequencies. AT&T 3G US works only if have the HARDWARE that works off the band. This is not a software thing. Honestly, I had a UK HTC Hero GSM here in the US and the difference between 2G(edge) and 3G is barely noticeable unless your streaming video. And if you have wireless...who needs 3G anyway?

0 Kudos