Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

IMHO If yours is working I would not mess with it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I know you are all busy playing with your new update, but can one of you tell me is there a difference  between the one that was just released and the one I used with the QDL tool. Build 12821, I mean is the hotspot and tethering still there and is it still free, and does the front facing camera finally work? Would like to know if it's worth getting the "offical" update or leave it be.

No Tethering does not appear to be there at least under Settings > Wireless & Networks >

I see

Airplane mode

Wi-Fi

Wi Fi settings

Bluetooth

Bluetooth settings

VPN settings

Mobile networks

0 Kudos
marcus61
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i have tried 5 times to download the update to my streak an unsucessfull each time . i have restored to defualt settings 2 times an tried it. still nothing

some one help!!! what am i doing wrong??

0 Kudos
PaddleMonkey
1 Copper

Jump to solution
... and Lo and behold. I check on Feb 24 and find an update ready to go... The question now is...will it work?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i have tried 5 times to download the update to my streak an unsucessfull each time . i have restored to defualt settings 2 times an tried it. still nothing

some one help!!! what am i doing wrong??

Try down loading over the data connection. But if I were you I would wait until the bugs are worked out.  Mine is a little buggy, Actually a lot buggy. Cannot upload to face book. Navagation is totally not working either. it seems to be losing network connection a lot more too. Bluetooth is louder but a lot of noise in the bluetooth speaker

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

But if I were you I would wait until the bugs are worked out.  Mine is a little buggy, Actually a lot buggy. Cannot upload to face book. Navagation is totally not working either. it seems to be losing network connection a lot more too. Bluetooth is louder but a lot of noise in the bluetooth speaker

Press menu button >> Settings >> Wireless and Networks >> Mobile Networks >> Access Point Names >> Menu Button >> Reset to Default

for whatever reason my network settings changed from yesterday to today. This got things going again for the time being.

Highlighted
evilkymonkey
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Holy cows! Called ATT and Dell they didn't know what to do. You just solved my 3G Problem. THanks!

0 Kudos
ffnbbs
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I tried for 7 hours to get the update  and couldn't.  I have a stock USA AT&T locked Streak 1.6 - 6601.  I also had a lot of APPS installed, 6 games, CO-Pilot, and about 30 APPS.   After 7 hours, I decided to do a Factory Reset.  After turning back on I went to settings, and Update and it went to the page and updated took about 15 Min. to download on WIFI and install and then I had 2.2.  Then I had to restore my backup.  Don't forget to do a backup first.

I did find a problem that the 3G Data wasn't connecting, I went to those and selected AT&T and Defaults, somewhere, not sure.

I keep 3G turned off most of the time, I do see it flashing on, or GPS flashing on the Icon, not sure which one it is yet.  Keeping an eye on that.  I want to make sure it is not using 3G Data until I turn it on.  I don't want to go over the 2GIG limit.

0 Kudos
isazadiego777
1 Copper

Jump to solution

HI MI NAME IS DIEGO ......GOT THE 2.2 UPDATE TODAY  CANADA.........CHECK YOUR UPDATES IN THE DELL STREAK.....

THANK YOU DELL AND ROGERS CANADA............YEA..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akdave55
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I did the update. I love it. Thanks Dell and ATT for finally coming through. Better late than never. (See samsung captivate) At any rate, FFNBBS try downloading a program called 3G watchdog. You set it up for 2GB per month and the day your bill rolls over. It is always on and checks your data usage. It will tell you what percent of monthly usage you are at and will end up at with current usage. Its a great little program.:emotion-11: