8 Krypton

Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

Hi Ronak,

If your Streak is  not tied to a provider (like O2), then you should be seeing an update over the next few weeks. "The rollout of the upgrade will be gradual with different regions and versions of Donut and Éclair updated over the weeks following November 15, 2010."   I'm not exactly sure which date, but I would recommend checking for it every few days.

Keep me posted when you do eventually get the update.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
RogersDellStrea
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What about Rogers Wireless in Canada, will they be getting the update the same time carriers from the US get their update. I want to purchase this device with Rogers but 2.1/2.2 is needed for this purchase. Will Canada be getting the update? I don't need to know an exact date. I will literally get it TODAY if i know this.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Chike99,

The OTA update for Rogers is still to be determined at this point. I'm also not sure if and when we will offer an unlocked version in Canada. Send me a private message with your order number so I can look at it. I know of some customers who have purchased units in the US and moved to other countries. If you are looking to connect your Streak to another service provider, I'm not 100% sure that it will work. If you do end up buying an unlocked unit from US and it doesn't work out, I can work with you to get it returned.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi RogersDellStreak,

Rogers Wireless in Canada OTA update is still to be determined, but my best guess would be in mid-December.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Can you send me a private message with your Streak firmware version?

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Ranida,

I just sent you a private message. Let's take this one offline so I can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Streak2046,

I can't give you exact dates, but I recommend that you (and other Hong Kong unlocked Streak customers) check back in one week. Follow the instructions on the blog for manually checking for the update.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Mister.D,

Technically we are not selling a true 'Unlocked' version in the U.S yet. Another customer sent me the following link, but it is not a consumer product link. This is for our business products.  It's mainly for corporate or enterprise users who have their own corporate AT&T SIMs. It's still locked to AT&T.  A true consumer version of unlocked coming in next few weeks.

http://configure.us.dell.com/Dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&ccc=true&cs=04&dm=true&l=en&oc=DellStreakUnl...

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
RoshanMani
Not applicable

Jump to solution

For everyone fretting about the carrier/network locks on their Dell Streak, you should check out http://rebelsimcard.com . I got frustrated with O2 not playing nice about unlocking my Streak and finally picked up this sim.. Now my Dell Streak works on non-O2 networks just fine.. It's a brilliant solution.. Apologies for the fanboy rant.. 🙂

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
the.mister.d
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Amy,

My company has corporate account with Dell. I got unsubsidized version of Streak and got it unlocked by calling AT&T. However I can't use it with my TMo service as 3g bands are not supported in this device.

I actually was waiting for your reply and hopeing that you would say something like "A true consumer version of unlocked coming in next few weeks."

I will be waiting for this True Unlocked version so that I can stick with my existing service provider.

Thank you Amy for your reply.

Anand D (Mister D)

0 Kudos