8 Krypton

Re: Dell Streak Froyo (2.2) Update Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Good point. I was actually  supposed to remove the specific date from my FAQ (notice that it was not in the Direct2Dell blog). That was an intitial target date. In general, Streaks locked to the AT&T network (with or without contracts) are targeted for December rollout of the update. So really no difference between Best Buy and Dell purchased Streaks.  I'll update the FAQ.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Carl,

For unlocked Dell Streak purchases, I would recommend checking for the update in France in one week. There will be instructions in French included in the update.

Thank you,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Ryan,

In that case, I would check for the update in about a week.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Ashr,

Ideally, yes, that would be my personal choice. However, there are many other aspects to this kind of deployment: agreements/contracts with 3rd party providers; telecom laws/policies to comply with; resource allocation and many other things (both inside & outside) of Dell that we have to coordinate.

I'm just so thankful I have information to provide our Streak customers proactively.

Thanks and keep the feedback coming!

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
john1101
1 Copper

Jump to solution

uk unlock streak still cant nothing update here,firmware on1.6 build number 6267 ,please help ,thx

0 Kudos
johnrvwilson
1 Copper

Jump to solution

On same here in UK. Unlocked Streak bought from Dell UK. Firmware 1.6 Build 6267.

No update as yet 00.03am 17 Nov.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Amy I don't know about Dell's Policies or what makes Dell tick. but don't you think it would save you hours of time replying to all these people if Dell just released the update to all Dell Streak phones at once? 

would save a heaps of time not only for yourself but the rest of us sitting around pressing "update phone" only to be told that no update exists at this time....  😞

Listen to what you just said...

Then think about what would happen if there were a global release and people had issues just like what happened last time a update was released. emoticon.Confused.title

You would not be able to contact Dell for support because the call center would be overwhelmed. I'm perfectly happy to wait a additional week for my turn when it comes.

0 Kudos
AshR
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Amy, I see where you're coming from and do appreciate the info so we at least know Dell cares 😛

unfortunatly if Optus are anything to go by in Australia (as I had the HTC G1 before the Streak) they are very behind the ball when it comes to anything android and updates 😞

I may never get an update for the Dell Streak if I have to rely on them....  so I'll end up gaining root and updating the phone to a custom rom like I had to for the last phone. 

0 Kudos
AshR
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Sorry for the double post.

I really really really don't want to use the Fruit company as an example, but they have launched global updates for their phone OS (granted it probably didn't have the fail rate that Dell had for the 2.1 release in the UK) still, what's wrong with testing software before a global release to stop something like that happening. 

As Amy replied, the delay seems to be mostly at the carriers not from Dell now, and waiting on Optus in Australia for an update to Android could end up like waiting for Hell to freeze over.... 

0 Kudos
ranida
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Yes, Amy is doing a terrific job, am sure she is feeling overloaded so we have to have patience 🙂 so be serene and wait, the best fruit trees take many years to grow before bearing fruit and we are moving at light speed in comparison 🙂

0 Kudos