Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2011 04:00

Dell Streak Issues

Dear All,

I too am a proud owner of Dell Streak, however i had faced a lot of issues with my dell streak. For the benefit of the support and R&D teams i am keying in all the issues that i had faced till now.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

.       Battery backup is very less, does not last till evening even if the handset is charged fully in the morning.

2.       The phone has restarted automatically till date in the past two weeks.

3.       Proximity sensor not working properly, ideally while making a call, when you bring the hand set close to your face,  the display should shut off automatically. In my handset sometimes you can see that the display flashing.

4.       Voice clarity – voice is not clear while making a call through the handset itself.

5.       Frequent call disconnection.

6.       In order to enhance security, I have enabled pattern, but at times, the pattern does not seem to work, in such cases I need to push the power button twice, then it enables.

7.       Sometimes while dialing I have seen that the screen goes blank, but the call gets established.

8.       At times the phone dials the last called no automatically.

9.       Unable to browse folders.

10.   Microsoft exchange connectivity issues.

11.   Unable to open certain applications installed on the phone.  How ever the  Phone was replaced again.

Af    The new handset started giving me the following problems.

1.       I do have two  Vodafone connections. One sim is on Nokia 3230 and the other sim is on Dell streak. People keep saying that they are not able to reach me on the dell streak no, it would either say that the phone is out of range or even sometimes the calling party would hear the ring , but my phone won’t even ring or show missed call.

2.       A small crack is seen on the top left side of the screen, it seems to be in the innerside of the gorilla glass .

3.       Misallignment of the gorilla glass.

4.       Voice clarity is one other major issue. When you don’t use handsfree, and speak on the phone directly, the callers voice seems to be echoing. And more over when I speak I will have to raise my voice and speak. If I speak softly the person in the other end will not be able to hear me at all.

5.       I have seen that without my knowledge or intervention outgoing call goes form my phone. On Jan 6th around noon I was talking to my cousin and I did disconnect the call after speaking. Then immediately my cousin got a call from my mobile and he could hear me speaking to someone else.  He then called me back and said that I had called him. When I saw the call log it showed two calls had originated at the same time. Couple of instances of the same had been seen earlier, but I used to think that it was my mistake and now I had seen it happen.

6.       Thursday night (6th ) when I got up in the middle of the night, I could see a light glowing from my phone. I could see the dell logo. It seemed that the phone has gone for a restart. The unfortunate fact is that the phone was very very hot. I presume that the phone has gone for a restart and hung in between, thereby lighting up the screen for a long duration and heating up the whole device. Then I had to open the back panel, removed the battery and had to kept it under ac for cooling. Once it is cooled, it started working as normal.

Again the handset was replaced

The new phone which was provided now was again replaced for the following issues.

I don’t know whom to approach for this. As you all know I am using Vodafone connection in my streak. Yesterday I have been sending couple of sms with my wife around 1.05 pm. I got a receipt confirmation also on my mobile. Unfortunately this message did not reach my wife, instead it reached some other lady and she had given me a blasting. As per my mobile this message has gone to my wife, and it is clearly shown in the sent text messages, but in reality it had reached someone else.

It is also noted that couple of messages which I have sent to wife has also not reached her, but I have received delivery notification for the same.

I had taken the phone to the service center, they tried to update the OS to the latest build, but then it failed due to some h/w issues, hence the handset was again replaced.

The replacement was given, that new hand set had misalignment of Gorilla Glass, hence rejected it then and there itself.

Now another Dell streak was given, the is giving me the following issues.

Today there were a lot of calls that I had missed out. The phone does not ring at all or show missed call, but the calling party will get ring.

More over this has created a panic in my house. As you know I am staying alone in bangalore, and my family is at home in kerala.  This morning around 7 to 9 am they tried to reach me, but for them the phone was ringing, but at my end the phone did not ring.

This had created a panic in my house, and they called my neighbor out here and they came to my house to check what happened. Once they told me this issue, I tried calling my new mobile from my spare mobile. I too could get the ring but my phone is not responding…

I don’t want to be an R& D member of Dell’s Team.

Now Dell is again ready for a replacement, but that does not serve the purpose.. .i am still worried... I really dont know how all these issues are going to be resolved.

21 Posts

February 5th, 2011 13:00

You have been "had" just like the rest of us poor, demented souls!

21 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 17:00

Well, it's here and it's NOT here.  I received notice of the update because I just happened to do my normal 85th check-in to see if anything was happening.  And, guess what, it is and it is NOT.  I went through the various steps of saving my data, etc., and then proceeded to the final step--But, all I get is an Error Notice 404, "Sever Not Available, or some such nonsense that its been moved, etc.  Another major joke on the Dell Streak owners.  If they can't do it right, they should not be doing it at all.  Why do they get such enjoyment out of tormenting poor tortured souls who had the poor judgment to buy the "brick" in the first place?

1 Message

May 6th, 2011 00:00

Hey !!

Where do you take your Streak to get replaced. I have mine bricked in the process of update and I do not know who should I approach? They don't have a Service Centre and the Support Desk does not know anything about Streak.

No Events found!