Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2014 17:00

Dell Stylus

Hey All--

I just bought a Dell Active Stylus.  It is the new rev a02, and I just updated the firmware on my DVP8 (before the update, it was terrible).

The stylus works fine...but I feel like I have to press too hard to get it to write.  On my Note 3, I can basically drag the pen across the screen and it will register.  With this stylus, I have to press hard enough that when I'm writing, sometimes the pen doesn't register.  If I press a little bit harder, it picks back up.  It feels like I have to press too hard to write comfortably.  The tip feels like it may be too stiff, I don't know.

I've tried pulling the tip out a few times thinking that might help...but is this a common problem?  also, is there a way to adjust the pressure sensitivity?  I know on my Note 3, there was a hidden switch under the buttons that I was able to tune and make it work better.

5 Posts

July 31st, 2014 18:00

I suffer from the same issues with my DVP11. I don't think there is anything wrong with the pen, I just think the pen is just more of nice add on to have, but it is not a major selling point. I have also noticed that the pen won't pick up small detail (small strokes). I have not been able to find pen configuration settings either. Lastly, if you store the pen in an elastic loop on the back of your case, make sure the button isn't being pressed by the loop or else the battery will die over night. That's all the help I can give for now. Good luck.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2014 18:00

also, Ive noticed when i try coloring with the stylus in onenote, sometimes some odd looking box shapes appear and look like they are the ink area glitching out for a second.  could this maybe be a bad DVP8?  or more likely, a bad stylus?

No Events found!