msgilsonuk
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 Pro (5130) External Display Not Stretching To Full Screen

Does the Venue work on the Latitude dock then?  I want a new latitude and don't want to have to buy a new dock.  Interested in USBs, LAN and charging; not bothered about HDMI or sound.

0 Kudos
msgilsonuk
1 Copper

Edit:

Should read " I want a new venue and don't want to have to buy a new dock."

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Yes same dock plug

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

We received the new A01 Dell Venue 11 Pro docks at tested them out, as predicted they did not fix the issue, as the same output is experienced with the mini HDMI port on the actual tablet.

Updates photos, the X mark where the screen should be stretched to if the resolution is lower then the native LCD screen. Dell, do not say this is "by design", this is a driver defect that needs to be fixed.

When I enabled scaling to full screen in the Intel Driver it cuts off 60 pixels or so from the left of the screen.

Hardware is the Venue 11 Pro (5130) with all latest Windows updates, plus the Dell BIOS A06 and the latest April Intel Drivers, all downloaded from the Dell website.

0 Kudos

Hi lukemcurley,

I was trying to replicate your issue but was unable to do so when plugging in the lcd monitor and projector directly into the tablet.  I am running with the latest Intel chipset driver rev A06 released on 4/4/14 and A07 BIOS released on 4/28/14.  You mentioned you were using A06 BIOS.  Could you update to A07 and see if you still have the issue?

I do see an issue when the displays are plugged into the dock though.  I'll run this by our graphics team to see what they suggest.

Regards,

Adriana

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Adriana,

Thanks for the reply, I will try it using A07 BIOS tomorrow. There is an issue with the dock for sure.

Thanks, Luke

0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

Thanks for the reply, I will try it using A07 BIOS tomorrow. There is an issue with the dock for sure.

Thanks, Luke

Perfect.  Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Installed A07, no change. The same problem exists. Any resolution less than the default 1920x1080 appears inside borders, so the actual application is not full screen on the external LCD or Projector.

This is a real big problem for schools who use their tablet with interactive whiteboard, the application appears tiny, especially if it is a 640x480, or 800x600, or 1024x768 application.

Has Dell reported this issue to Intel so that a driver can be changed to correct the issue? External displays work perfectly with the previous tablet the Latitude 10 ST2e when connected to an external display, but the Venue 11 does not.

0 Kudos

Installed A07, no change. The same problem exists. Any resolution less than the default 1920x1080 appears inside borders, so the actual application is not full screen on the external LCD or Projector.

This is a real big problem for schools who use their tablet with interactive whiteboard, the application appears tiny, especially if it is a 640x480, or 800x600, or 1024x768 application.

Has Dell reported this issue to Intel so that a driver can be changed to correct the issue? External displays work perfectly with the previous tablet the Latitude 10 ST2e when connected to an external display, but the Venue 11 does not.

Thank you for your feedback.  We actually have a team at Intel this week.  I have asked them to discuss this issue with them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Fantastic, that would be great as it's a big issue for us.

0 Kudos