Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2017 18:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro - 7140 completely unresponsive - does not turn on

I bought a used Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 earlier this year that appeared to function at first.  Noticed a month into it, the battery didn't hold charge very long and consistently got worse resulting in me having to keep it plugged in while using it because it drained so quickly.

Next thing I know, I try an power it up, and nothing happens.  Does not  power on.  Completely unresponsive.  Thinking it could be an issue with the battery, I remove the battery and try powering it on with just the charging cord it came with.  Still nothing, which would make me believe that it isn't the battery (?).  I've replaced the original cord I was told came with it, with an "authentic dell original, OEM charger" I purchased and tried the same above, still nothing. 

I've tried every troubleshooting tactic listed online - still nothing. 

Am I totally missing something, or could it be an issue with the battery?

I can purchase a battery, but I will have bought the thing for less money than it would cost to fix it and I'm not even sure it will work.

Anyone with similar issue?

Thanks in advance

• 

16.7K Posts

August 28th, 2017 07:00

gruvstress,

Contact Dell Support at 1-800-624-9896 for returning the tablet to Dell for repairs.

February 1st, 2018 08:00

Sounds like the motherboard.  Mine has been changed 3 times so far.  It just came back January,28, 2018,  and now, it is doing the same thing.  Will have to send it out again to the Depot for repair.  Very disappointed in this tablet.  You think that after 3 repairs, they could get a motherboard in the machine that works correctly.   Glad I bought the extended warranty.  Good luck with your unit.

No Events found!