Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2014 07:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro Mobile Keyboard (not slim)

Hi everyone,

I have the 7130, i5, DVP11 with the mobile/battery keyboard. I have updated to the latest Bios A10, i have tried the registry modifications and still experience the same problem.

My keys are working fine on the keyboard, but when i try to use the trackpad as soon as i touch it, it goes crazy and cannot control the trackpad. It is as if it is unstable.

Can anyone please help?

Thank You

Regards Phil

18 Posts

March 29th, 2014 11:00

Not sure if opening the keyboard would void warranty, but it might be a connector or cable not properly seated.

March 29th, 2014 17:00

Hi Dumsikkderik,

Thanks, not sure if this is your video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHA0kct6WI

But i opened up my keyboard pressed firmly down on some of the connectors and now the trackpad is working great, actually using it now as i type this post!

I couldn't visually see anything disconnected though which is weird. Also one of the small baize connectors i couldn't get back into place properly.

On another note do you have any resolution around the laptop freezing for like 2-5secs where you press the keys or touch the screen and it does nothing (funny enough the windows logo on the tablet vibrates when you press it in this state of freeze).

Keyboard issue down, one more to go

Thanks

Regards

18 Posts

March 30th, 2014 04:00

Not my video, but glad I could help! Haven't had any freezing issues, but mine is the 5130 Atom powered model. I know there's others having freezing issues with the 7130 aswell. Best guess is heat or display driver problem. You could try to stress the CPU with prime95 or similar to see if you can trigger the problem. If stress triggers it, it's almost certain to be a cooling problem.

March 31st, 2014 03:00

Thats my Video, I had to do the extreme and remove the battery all together to get a fully working keyboard dock.

It was the last resort. It was working for days then when I needed the dock the most on a trip. It was completely dead. No response from the keys or dock. Nothing! I did not have time to drain the battery out. 

When I got home I opened the dock up yet again and removed the battery. It works flawlessly now, but no battery boost. Its a shame but I have no option to get it fixed with Dell.

No Events found!