Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro won't turn on

It seems to charge (the charge light is on), but when I press the power button nothing happens. I have tried holding the power button down for an extend time as well.

March 20th, 2014 14:00

This happens because the battery really needs 30 watt input to charge it when its fully dead.  The microUSB charger is 24W. 

Also, the "Dell" keyboards suck - the contacts don't make a solid connection and sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Notice the "Venue PRO" does not have Windows Pro

Very annoying as my executives always drain their battery when they travel and no one carries the dock.  You know how we solved it?  We went with Acer W700s - but no on carries AC chargers for them.  And they use a chargeble batter on the keyboard and use bluetooth which kills the life and when the battery dies, the keyboard no longer works.

Lesson learned a tablet is not a laptop replacement.

2 Posts

March 24th, 2014 10:00

Did you get a fix. I have many of the same power problems with my Venue 11 pro i5. It is very frustrating. I need a fix to these battery issues. Someone help please.

3 Posts

March 24th, 2014 10:00

They replaced mine then, got it on 3/3/2014 after they said they'd replace it back on 12/27/2013.  Had to call about 7 or 8 times during that period to see what was going on but finally did get replacement.  It works ok, battery charges on it.

March 24th, 2014 13:00

They replaced the power or the tablet?  This is the #2 guy in the company and I can't be shuffling his stuff around all the time.

3 Posts

April 5th, 2014 04:00

just to add, I'm in the same boat. Have a Venue 11 Pro with a completely drained battery which won't charge and won't turn on (even if I remove the battery and try and run it just on mains). To add to my problems, despite it only being a month old Dells website is telling my my warranty has expired.

Given I've also had problems with the touch screen 'freezing' and also sound playback issues I'm very close to requesting Dell take it back as it's not fit for purpose if the supplied charger can't charge the battery when it is completely drained.

2 Posts

April 7th, 2014 08:00

I am having many of the same issues. Is there a cure??

3 Posts

April 7th, 2014 09:00

I look like I bought Dell Venue 11 Issue (for sure it is not a Pro...)

Charging issue, battery issue, wifi issue.

Now I am using a trick with Dell Power Manager to charge my device but it is not a solution.

19 Posts

April 7th, 2014 13:00

I have had this issue too. Unfortunately, I am experiencing multiple issues with this device. It is in my opinion the worst technology product I have ever bought....please can I have my money back Dell?

1 Message

April 8th, 2014 07:00

So far, this is the only thread I've found on the Internet that talks about this issue. I tried to contact Dell support but it needs the Express Code or Service Tag which I do not see it anywhere on this device. Does Dell support monitor threads in these discussions? It seems like people are having problem starting up this mobile device. It's useless if the device can't start up. I tried taking the battery out, press the power button for about 10 seconds, then put the battery back. It starts fine; however, after a 9-10 hours of being shutdown again, the device does not start up again.

1 Message

April 16th, 2014 08:00

Hey, I had the same problem with mine just did what you said and it work!!! Thanks you saved it fom almost be toast.

828 Posts

April 16th, 2014 09:00

Guys, if you see weird power issues, I'd recommend trying the following procedure:

1) Unplug the AC adapter from the wall and from the tablet.

2) Remove the battery from the tablet.

3) Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or so to drain any residual power that might be there.

4) Plug the AC adapter back into the wall and the tablet.   Look for LED on power adapter and on tablet.   If not on adapter, replace adapter if known good wall power.   If not on tablet but on adapter, problem is either cable or tablet.

5) Press and hold the power button for a second or two (until you feel the haptic feedback)

6) If tablet turns on, hot insert battery and make sure it is charging.

That should "reset" the device in most cases.   If this doesn't work and the tablet still won't power on, you probably should contact support for service.   The service tag and express service code can be found inside the back door of your tablet on a label.

3 Posts

April 16th, 2014 11:00

They replaced the tablet.

7 Posts

April 16th, 2014 14:00

I have 6 of these, and one of them just died with this issue.  It will NOT power on at all.  Without it plugged in, it will vibrate as if it's trying to boot, but I get nothing.  If I plug it in, the light will go solid white, then if I hold the power button to turn it on, the light will turn amber for about 2 seconds then go off...never vibrates, nothing on the screen.  It's as if the battery isn't charging.  I've tried doing a battery pull, etc.  I can verify that the battery was dead when it initially shut off on the user, as they mentioned it was only at around 6%.  it should've been nearly fully charged, as it was left on the charger overnight.  

I've tried multiple AC adapters (which are verified working with other V11 Pro's), and tried turning on with and without the battery inserted.  

3 Posts

April 16th, 2014 15:00

The service tag is underneath the back cover next to the battery.

4 Posts

April 17th, 2014 06:00

I finally got mine fixed. I ended up having to send it back to Dell. I got it back and it worked but I went to reinstall windows to start out new and found it didn't have all the files to do that. So, I had to send it in again to have them re-image the disk. Got it back and that work but I found they didn't activate Windows and didn't provide the Windows Key. Called Dell and Microsoft and no luck getting a Key. So, I was told to send it in once again. I said I would rather not do that. I asked them to send me a new one and I would return this one as I didn't have anymore down time available. After checking with his supervisor, they agreed. The new one has worked well, but would some times hang during boot up. I found that McAfee was causing that. I uninstalled it and have not had that problem since.

No Events found!