CalRedCat
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 Pro won't turn on

Jump to solution
Check this page in the Microsoft forum for additional information. See post by RedCatTX at bottom of page. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/why-wont-my-dell-venue-8-pro-windows-tablet-turn/50573983-8cb7-4770-bf5c-478e63ec5cf8?page=3&lc=1033&auth=1
j.martin1131
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My dell venue 8 pro just went black orange side button blinks when u hit any of the buttons. That's it. I've tried the power on and top button and nothing. Just black screen

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

snap off the back cover, take out the battery and put it back in about 5 min later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pskidee
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this issue solved? My Venue Pro 11 is displaying the same behavior, 3W charging when it should be 24W...

0 Kudos
bryant s
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I recommend you calling dell support and ask for a replacement charger for your Dell Venue 11. I had the same problem with mine. It should be free with the warrant that came with the product (if you ordered it from the dell website).

0 Kudos
Mr Livebox
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I got a replacement charger, one tablet says 23w but the other still states 3w. If I swap the chargers around then it makes no difference so it must be the tablet that is faulty. Don't hold out much hope of ever getting this fixed so will probably get a Surface 3 when they come out.

0 Kudos
CalRedCat
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Dell tablet should have a one year warranty. Won't Dell fix it under warranty?
0 Kudos
ydoucare
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I got a replacement charger, one tablet says 23w but the other still states 3w. If I swap the chargers around then it makes no difference so it must be the tablet that is faulty. Don't hold out much hope of ever getting this fixed so will probably get a Surface 3 when they come out.

The tablet needs replaced.  We have 6 Venue 11 Pro's and 2 of them suffered this issue after a couple months of use.  Mine however, would usually only spike to 3-4W right after plugging it in, then would dip to 0.  Mine simply refused to charge and became paperweights.  I couldn't power them up, even after leaving them plugged in for days.  Dell proactively replaced all 6.  Actually, ProSupport replaced the first one, then shortly after that, a Dell rep contacted me informing me that they were reaching out to customers who had Venue 11 Pro's that were manufacturered before a certain date to get them replaced due to a hardware issue (they never explained the specifics) - so that's how the remaining 5 were replaced. 

To be honest, this entire product launch was a complete failure on Dell's part.  I've owned these for about 6 months, and am still dealing with touch screen issues on all 6 of them.  They tell me the latest firmware update will fix it, but no, instead of randomly missing taps, it now randomly TRIPLE taps. 

My support case has been escalated to the point where I am now talking almost directly to the engineering group trying to get them to replicate the touch screen issue.  What pisses me off, is I have to send them a link to the Dell forum to a huge thread regarding the touch screen issues to convince them that my issue is not isolated.   

If I were you, I would make a serious effort to get Dell to refund you and take your tablets back.  Then, buy something that works, like a Surface Pro.
LATOOF
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Venue 11 wont charge!  The power adapter that came with it does nothing!.

If I plug into a USP port on my PC the power light rapidly flickers.  Any ideas?  I have had Dell look at it and they replaced motherboard and a few other parts yesterday.  worked for a couple hours then started saying the primary battery in tablet would not charge and then went flat....  ARGH  this is the worst piece of junk I have ever owned.

CalRedCat
1 Copper

Jump to solution
The USB port on your PC does not have enough wattage to charge the Venue 11. PC USB ports are typically 5 watts, the Venue 11 power adapter is 24 watts. Go back to Dell and have them fix it.
0 Kudos