c.Hadad.tahler
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 Pro won't turn on

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I followed your advice about holding the power button down for 20 sec and it worked. 🙂 Any idea what caused the issue in the first place?

0 Kudos
SamsaPDX
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've heard that it's because the machine has gone into hibernation instead of ordinary "off."  (Why it is designed this way is a mystery to me.)

Over the last several months Dell has not only replaced my daughter's motherboard (which on the Venue11 essentially means a complete hard drive replacement, since the HD is on the motherboard), and they also sent me an unsolicited free replacement for my docking station with a letter saying that they'd encountered design problems with that too.

Between these two things, my daughter's Venue 11 actually works at long last.

So if you have continued problems, keep demanding fixes!

0 Kudos
MacG4Nut
1 Copper

Jump to solution

make sure you are using the charger that came with the Dell Venue 11, it's a 24 watt charger... other micro usb chargers are 5 to 10 watts, which will turn the light on, but won't charge the device... and once the battery is below a certain percentage it won't power the x86 processor correctly...  My wife had the same problem... she was using my son's Venue 7 charger (which is 10 watts) so it wasn't charging the battery... once I had her find the correct charger (the 24 watt) we charged the battery for 60 minutes... (not that I think this helped, but I did also remove the battery and re-inserted it prior to charging properly.)  

Hope this helps everyone.  Good luck! 

emoticon.BigSmile.title

A friend has this tablet. When she got the tablet, I was disappointed to see how short the charging cable was. So, I took the power cord, from a Dell Laptop, to plug into the charger to make the charging easier.

The power cord we plugged into the charger, was not sufficient enough to provide the full amount of power. Once we used the original charging assembly, I was able to get her table back up and running. Odd to think that it's so finicky.

0 Kudos
weblogicx
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I bought 2 of these Venue 11 Pro, 1 died in a week,

returned it.

Another died in a month, won't charge.

Dell sent over a technician, replaced everything, still can't turn on.

Send it back to Dell depot, now almost a month,

still don't see my tablet back.

Dell says don't have the parts, what parts?

This model is poorly designed and tested.

Must have rush it cash in on the tablet craze.

Very disappointed in Dell, and it's hard to get service,

transferred several times just to reach the "correct" department.

This is a dinosaur of a company now with *** products and poor service.

0 Kudos
LATOOF
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My daughters school has just returned a couple hundred of these pc's for full refund due to poor reliability.

0 Kudos
dntxv3
1 Copper

Jump to solution

my dell is acting the same. the light wont show when on charger. i am using correct charger. did your keyboard that you are using have a battery?

0 Kudos
ron77339
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This worked! Thank you. My issues was I had no lights at all. After holding power for 20 seconds I still didn't see anything and when I released power I did see the logo and pressed power once more. I have a Dell Venue Pro 8. To anybody wondering, it does not reset any data. I don't know what it does, but I would think a two second hold or a 5 second hold(?) (Windows forced shutdown) would be sufficient.  Anyway, thanks again.

0 Kudos
amir_dadair
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Try this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-81-tablet-turn-on-issue/06d3cf7d-399c-479f-b6fa-977f41c53d03?tm=1414432978281

0 Kudos
Katie520
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you!!! I just got this thing and it seems to be giving me more headaches than it is worth! Your suggestion actually worked though! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

0 Kudos
alimoghri
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi i had the same issue . i removed the battery and stayed for 1 night then i put it back in the morrning and put it in charg again and after 3 hours i try to turning my dell tablet on and it turned on

try this. that might be work for you too

0 Kudos