Honigmelone
1 Copper

Dell Venue 11 pro 7130 Bluetooth issues

I have some issues with my Dell venue 11 tablet concerning mouse and keyboard connectivity over Bluetooth. Both work fine for about 2 minutes, then they apparently disconnect (tablet does not react on keystrokes or mouse moves). They reconnect immediately when the Bluetooth settings are pulled. I found a workaround on this site: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/bluetooth-mouse-keep-on-disconnecting-in-windows/29c754b1-4577-4a0f-81a6-267d2452cd77?page=6 In this discussion it is pointed out that my Bluetooth driver needs to be updated to resolve the issue. As a workaround it is suggested that a Bluetooth energy saving option should be disabled. So what I want to say is: Please update my Bluetooth driver! I want to be able to work fluently with keyboard and mouse, and I want a long battery lifetime when I am not using Bluetooth.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dagnabbit99
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 pro 7130 Bluetooth issues

I was having a lot of problems with the Bluetooth driver in Device Manager.  I disabled the energy saving option on the Bluetooth hardware as well as the Bluetooth device listed under Human Interface Devices (and when I did, the Bluetooth driver crashed and the Bluetooth option went away).   went into the BIOS and disabled WWAN.  Bluetooth came back, everything operating normally.  Only thing that worked for me.  My Venue 7130 does not have a WWAN card installed- hate to think of the issues I'd have if it did.  😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4TA23
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 pro 7130 Bluetooth issues

I too am having Bluetooth issues.  I use a Bluetooth mouse and I would work all day and it would be fine but near the end of the day it would just stop working.  Have had several calls into Dell support.  We would uninstall and re install all the latest Bluetooth drivers and nothing would work.  I even reset my whole tablet twice and it still did not fix it.  Gave up for the night came down next morning and it worked.  By the end of the day it gave out again and this time when you use the swipe left, go into PC settings, PC and Devices, my whole Bluetooth menu was gone not even present.  Tried reinstalling driver and everything reset and nothing, was like the Bluetooth was not even there.  Again gave up came down next moring and it was all back like noting had happened.  My guess is it is getting to hot and the Bluettoth card itself just gives out, letting it sit over night it cools down and works again, this is just a theory but I think it is a pretty good one.

Now lately it has been OK, but last Thursday it went out again, tech happened to call me just as it happened and had me reinstall my drivers and restart and it all came back which it did not do before so that was at least a start and better than before.  I think at the end of the day with the competitive market these tablets are in companies are just cutting corners on quality components where they can and we are all paying for it.  From bad Bluetooth and Wifi to terrible power connectors that seem to break real easy or just stop charging the device, I dont know, that is just how I feel and not what I have expected from Dell over the years.