Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2014 12:00

Dell Venue 7, Android 4.3, and Bluetooth 4.0

On the spec sheet, it states that Dell Venue 7 supports the Bluetooth 4.0 standards.

Is there anything I need to do to enable Bluetooth LE? (I have a TI Sensortag, but when I run the TI Sensor tag app, it says that "BLE is not supported on this device".  I have tried other applications, and they also report similar messages that BLE is not available.)

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

February 14th, 2014 08:00

Have you managed to solve this issue?

Today I bought Dell Venue 7 and upgraded it to Android 4.3, everything works well except for Bluetooth Low Energy module. It looks like this tablet doesn't actually support BLE, although Dell's website state that it does...

Can anyone from Dell at least either confirm or deny the Bluetooth 4.0 support?

3 Posts

February 14th, 2014 11:00

I have not received any response from Dell.

I did do further investigation, and was able to see something on the Bluetooth SIG about the support of BLE on the Venue.  (Here is the link -->  https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=21700.)

I sent an email to David Chan (the person who listed it on the Bluetooth SIG) at david_chan@dell.com, but did not get a response yet.  (It looks like it was supported in the "Venue 7 3730_V1.32 130911-Nomodem" version, and my device is running Venue 7 3730_V1.16_131221-NoModem.)  

I, too, would like to have someone from Dell respond if this device supports Bluetooth 4.0.

March 11th, 2014 13:00

After trying to talk to Dell's horrible phone support I returned the tablet and bought Nexus 7 instead.

3 Posts

March 11th, 2014 13:00

Anything on this?  Or are the specs online wrong and Bluetooth 4.0 is not supported?

1 Message

July 4th, 2014 01:00

I have the same issue with update to android 4.3. Anyone from dell can explain it?

Feel so bad the spec is not serious.

No Events found!