cassfutbol
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Venue 8 3840 Extremely Slow

Jump to solution

How did this workout for you? Is the tablet usable now? What do you use on the tablet?

0 Kudos
cassfutbol
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

What really bothers me is that I did research on this tablet. CNET said it was a good tablet for the price. Did Dell give CNET a different version of the tablet? Sounds like Dell deceived us. That really pisses me off. Dell needs to be held accountable for this. 

DanielNTX
2 Iron

Jump to solution

How did this workout for you? Is the tablet usable now? What do you use on the tablet?

Yes it's usable.

~Daniel N. | Lead Systems Engineer | Austin, Texas
0 Kudos
laura945
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The problem is with the operating system, Android 4.4.4.  Dell is aware of the problem and has for some time.  However, they fake going through the motions of repairing it (send it back, "replace" the motherboard, which they've supposedly done twice), but the problem is never resolved. 

When forcing Dell to face the problem (which took multiple tries and repeated hangups), their answer is to refuse to honor the warranty.  They "offered" to take it back, but I'd have to pay a "restocking fee" so they can turn around and re-sell it to some poor unsuspecting sucker.

I used to be a loyal Dell customer.  I haven't purchased anything but Dell computers for over 15 years.  Never again.

gratisdine
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How is the speed now?

0 Kudos
superprojb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My tablet is also unusable.  I'm really upset that I'm stuck with the worthless device.  Dell won't do anything to help either besides telling me to disable apps...Apps that some how enable themselves again later.

Its not the main board.  Been replaced, but no difference in usability.  I use the term "usability" because this tablet has zero performance.

Even with disabling all the apps, this tablet is still unusable.

What a terrible tablet for to sale!

Don't buy or reccomend this Tablet!!!!

DanielNTX
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I don't think Dell has recommended that we disabled apps.  It's just us users trying to get the tablet working have made the recommendation.

~Daniel N. | Lead Systems Engineer | Austin, Texas
0 Kudos
superprojb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You are correct.

superprojb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

However, Dell does not have resolution to the tablet's common issue.

Or at least Dell has not resolved my, or others, tablet's common issue.

kenshin29
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i feel the same..i really hate my tab. i thought when i purchase venue 8 i will be happy because dell is good but it turns out that dell venue 8 has the worst tab ever. especially on gaming u cant even play without hanging from keyboard to system itself. i cant even play continuously,. i really feel dissapointed with this tab. and i promise i will not buy any product of dell.