akhilesh22
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 3840 Extremely Slow

Jump to solution

I bought before 2 Month .

I still fighting with them .. for the same issue .... I updated on from last 2 weeks my TAB is in service centre.

They are saying , we are rectifying the issue . Day before yesterday  I got msg from them as your issue has been resolved. I went there and check the RAM uses was the same around 800 MB RAM , which taking by inbuilt apps. so and even inbuilt apps. are not working properly .

And they are always mentioning issue has been resolved and no hardware issue found . They  are not thinking that we have buy the TAB for Apps , if apps are not working then what we will do with hard ware . And they are not ready to replace , refund or Solve the issue .

I feel we have wastage our   16000 rs . 

Total issue with RAM nothing else .

Rocketman16
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Compare it to another 1 GB tablet and you'll see what I mean.

Something in Dell's Android tweaks is filling up the RAM. 1 GB is able to run Windows 7 and 8....Way more stuff to run than Android KitKat.

This is a software issue, which means an update can fix it.  When Dell will send out this update is what I'm asking.

0 Kudos
uccoffee
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The venue 8 always have high use of memory even after a reboot with all app close. Compare with a Samsung tab 3 that only use around 450Mb of memory after a reboot, the dell venue 8 uses around 700Mb. 
This left us with low memory and a very slow device especially doing web browsing.

0 Kudos
Rocketman16
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Exactly.  Is Dell even reading these posts??

0 Kudos
superprojb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell is not going to do anything to resolve this low memory issue, because the memory is part of the main board.  Replacing the main board with more memory is the only way to resolve our problem.  Its not a software or Firmware problem

Secondly,  this Tablet is discontinued.  Its replacement dose have TWICE the memory and it works Awesomely.

Having less software\programs loaded is only temporarily fixing the symptom and does not totally resolve our problem. Having twice the memory fixes the issue, but Dell will not do that for us.

We are stuck with the Tablets and its poor performance.

Thats the truth

0 Kudos
Rocketman16
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Again, the issue is NOT the RAM, as that amount can run Windows computers, which is much more power-consuming than Android.  It is what is taking up the RAM with all of the apps disabled.  Dell's version of Android has some junk software in the system that we as consumers can't fix.  However, Dell can.  As stated before, other 1 GB tablets run way better than this.

As far as I know, the Dell Venue 8 3840 is the current Dell Android tablet.  That is what I have.

I think is is wrong to ignore a horrible bug that all of their customers are dealing with.

superprojb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The tablet before, and after, this one have 2GB of RAM and works great.

Dell recognized the 1GB is problematic so they went back to the 2GB for the next gen tablet.

Yes, some windows tablets can run with 1GB, but Android won't let Dell reduce the RAM usage.  Dell made a mistake thinking Android could be ran with only 1GB.

Dell knows the low memory is the problem with their Android software, but cannot change Android's software.  The next gen tablet has the same software and 2GB ram.  Guess what?  Just after a boot up it has 1.56GBP of RAM used.

Anyway you look at it... the tablet is useless!  RAM or Android's fault... Dell sold the tablet to us so its their responsibility to make it right.  Right?

The unhappy owners of this tablet should be given credit towards a purchase of a new tablet with 2GB of RAM.

Im not arguing at you.  I agree with you.

Dell's failure to correct this issue is totally wrong and should not be tolerated.

Dell does not care because this tablet is discontinued. Or we would of had a response before now.

Rocketman16
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I agree with you, except for that last bit.  But before I get to that- 1.56 GB of RAM used?  If it's 700 something MB of RAM being used on the last gen tablets, why is it that twice the amount is being used on the next gen?  Very curious about that.

Now about the last part: This thread is pretty old, meaning the first post was when this tablet was fairly new.  You are absolutely right about Dell not caring, but it's because once we bought the tablet and kept it for 30 days, they got their money and no longer care at all.

0 Kudos
vampirefo
2 Iron

Jump to solution

What is extremely slow? I picked up one of these tablets today, and don't seem to be having any problems, it is a downgrade from my 3830. However it performs rather well so far. I have had one OTA upgrade, I then rooted the device, built insecure boot.img and built CWM 5.1 recovery for this device.

Next start removing apps, I don't use.

0 Kudos
vampirefo
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Tablet still running good, I removed around 25 apps, 12 or 13 system apps, the rest user apps, All apps I removed were already installed on the tablet, I have no need for them.

0 Kudos