metalsiren
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Venue 8 7840 Lollipop?

Jump to solution

as of today its still not here so did your VP lie? come on guys....

0 Kudos
DanielNTX
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It's supposed to be April 21st for the release date.  Not the 10th.

~Daniel N. | Lead Systems Engineer | Austin, Texas
0 Kudos
metalsiren
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It's supposed to be April 21st for the release date.  Not the 10th.

and I hope thats still the case... but here is my problem... 

comment from Neil Hand VP at Dell

"Great to see your desire for the product;). Android 5 (Lollipop) is rolling out now so you should be getting a notification soon..Neil Hand @Dell"

and this

www.dell.com/.../2015-04-08-venue-10-7000

"Dell today also announced an update to Android 5.0, Lollipop on the award-winning Venue 8 7000"

"Both the Venue 10 and Venue 8 will ship with Android 5.0, Lollipop, "

Why is Dell VP telling a review website that the OS is rolling out and will be getting message soon. (soon is not 11 days from now). IF he was WRONG he needs to come out and say Also why is your newsroom reporting that the device is shipping with 5.0? I know I will prob never get an answer to this but this is what makes me mad...in 2 places right now they are wrong..

0 Kudos
quevon24
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

And what happened with dell venue 8 3830? it still needs a lot of updates for android 4.4 for those black screens or even better if this one gets android 5.0

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just tried to System Update on my 7840, and SOMETHING downloaded (took 1.5 hours on wifi!), then as I was asked to reboot, an Android came on the screen, and it looked like I was getting Lollipop.  But when I rebooted again, I was back at Kitkat, and when I check System Update, I get a message that "there are no system update packages to download".  So did I download an update and not get it applied? Is Lollipop released for the 7800 series? If so, how do I get back so it will download my update, or apply the update I already downloaded?  Anyone know?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jlanger127
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ok so as for the rumours about the 21st of April, i think we can say that was a bust too. its now the 22nd and still no Lollipop.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps the only way to get it would be to root the device in order to flash Lollipop on ourselves. Unfortunately the 7840 hasnt been played about with much by xda or cyangen modders - basically we have no options whatsoever!

Dell?? can you hear me? give us Lollipop or at least some answers!!!! This is really taking the now! 

TOTAL lack of clarity. I will never recommend a Dell to anyone again as this customer treatment is just rubbish and is an insult to an otherwise good product, and the clearly talented people who designed and engineered it.

0 Kudos
greenrolaids
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

<Terms of Use violation>

greenrolaids
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Maybe do a kick starter...

dcatz14b
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

They won't do anything because they don't care.

MajorPrivate
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i cant believe best buy has raised the tablet back from its $350 sale price to $400

asking $400 for a tablet with kit kat is pretty darn embarrassing if you ask me.

0 Kudos