Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2014 08:00

Dell Venue 8 -- Double type/touch problem

Although I love my Dell Venue 8 Pro, it has one serious/deal breaker problem.  Almost every time I touch the screen it picks up multiple touches.  When I am typing emails, I frequently have to backspace and delete characters.  When I use the Amazon Kindle app, if I touch to turn the page, frequently it turns multiple pages, requiring me to then tap backwards to find the page I was on.  

Is there any fix for this?  It is very frustrating and makes using this great tablet a very frustrating experience.

12 Posts

March 5th, 2014 19:00

Have you updated to the latest touchscreen firmware dated 1-2-2014? Also do you use a screen protector or case? if so what type? Ive been struggling with the same issue and no longer have trouble. This is what I did. I installed all updates from dell. The issue got better but didn't go away. I decided to sell the venue pro so I reinstalled windows by using the windows 8 recovery option "remove everything and reinstall windows" located in the setting menu in the charms bar. After reinstalling windows I took my venue pro out of the case it was in (targus safeport case with built in screen protector) to box it up. Crazy thing is now its working perfectly fine!!!! Ive been using it for 2 days and no issues. I don't know if it was the case or the reinstall of windows, but it works great. I would try this: 1. Update the venue pro to the latest touchscreen firmware dated 1-2-2014 and also any other updates. 2. Reinstall windows using the above mentioned option (I chose the option that states it will take hours) 3. Remove any case or screen protector (screen protector is probably the most important) Once this is done, if it fixes the issue, you can go back and update your drivers again. (you should not need to update the touchscreen firmware again so I suggest leaving it alone) Hope this help.

2 Posts

March 5th, 2014 20:00

I have all the updates installed, and amazingly I have the same case.  I tested by removing the venue from the case and viola, the double typing seemed to disappear.  I found it really easy to remove the screen protector from the Targus case, it just peels out.  seems to be working much better now.

June 26th, 2014 07:00

As of June 26, 2014 my dv8p is updated. I can confirm that my dell works well WITHOUT a screen protector. Which sounds crazy if you ask me. Why keep a tablet without protection? I'm using the dell leather cover, but no screen protection. So if I scratch it, I'm so screwed. I have been very tempted to sell it for an aaasus vvivotab note 8 (god I hate this touch keyboard)
No Events found!