Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 7th, 2016 14:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 No Camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Dell.  I upgraded to Windows 10, and, subsequently have no camera installed.   I get the error message "Something went Wrong.  Make sure your camera is connected and not being use by another app."   I have checked the privacy settings (all are ON).   There is no device driver for a camera in the Imaging item in Device Manager.   And, I can find no device driver on the Dell support website.    I have also run all of the diagnostic tests on the Dell support website.   And, I have install all current updates (application, BIOs, firmware, etc.)     Can you recommend an option to isolate the driver on your website so that I can install it?   Than kyou

307 Posts

September 17th, 2016 19:00

It would probably help if you provided the Venue 8 Pro model and operating system your are running. I have the model 5830 and after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the camera did not work. I followed the advice here and installed the Intel Atom Z3000 Series Driver, 5830_Chipset_Driver_67YC3_WN32_603.9600.2067.27988_A00.EXE for Windows 10 and it fixed the problem.

480 Posts

September 19th, 2016 00:00

The camera on my Venue tablet didn't work after the update either... no message, it just didn't work.   Reinstalling the chipset driver fixed it.  The driver installation did not go smoothly.  It looked as if it did not complete, but in the end the camera worked.

Now regarding the message you got, "Something went wrong ", I got that on my desktop ever since the 8.1 update and neither of the  Windows 10 updates fixed it.  I tried both the generic driver and the Logitech driver.  Sometimes it worked but mostly it didn't.  I finally just gave up and downloaded another camera app that did work.  This is in reference to the Camera App.  The camera worked with other apps liks Skype.

July 12th, 2017 13:00

Download the installation file 5830_Chipset_Driver_.....exe (do not run just save the file to your hard drive)

Run the file and just choose Extract (rather than Install)

Once you have extracted the file, go into Control Panel/Device Manager

Update all the drivers manually (select Have Disk) that are located in the /Driver/Camera directory. The devices you are looking at updating are found under System Drivers - Camera Sensor MT9M114 and OV5693 as well as under Imaging devices - Signal Pocessor 2400.

Restart

Hopefully your camera (front and back) will now work.  You can also try deleting the Camera Sensor drivers first then refreshing by scanning for hardware changes under Control Panel, then updating drivers manually.

14 Posts

August 16th, 2018 14:00

@Adimansi Does installing Intel Atom Z3000 Series Driver will also fix Miracast issue?

14 Posts

September 5th, 2018 10:00

@Mackaylina wrote:

I guess the its cause of the windows 10 upgrade and i am recommending you to downgrade to windows 8.1

Going backward instead of forward. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

11 Posts

July 5th, 2019 05:00

[SOLVED]   I've been going round in circles with this.  What worked for me was to visit the page for my tablet:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-venue-8-pro/drivers,  and use the Service Tag "Detect" method to download all outstanding drivers.  I saved these to a folder, then ran them one by one, first BIOS, then Chipset, then the others (one was declined as 'older').  But this wasn't enough to get the camera working again.

So I went back to the Chipset driver (direct LINK), and chose this time to extract it to a sub-folder ("...Extract").  I found that if I asked Windows to search for a driver at that location it insisted the best driver was already installed.  However, if I used the "Have disk" option, and forced it to use (in my case):

C:\Users\Philip\Desktop\Drivers\Done\Extract\Drivers\Camera

.. then it worked.  To be precise:  I updated the camera (under "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager) this way, then rebooted, but then updated each of the two "Camera Sensors" under "System Devices" in the same way, then rebooted, before trying the camera app.  It worked, and I hope this will help others struggling with this problem!

Essentially, the trick is to overrule Windows' "discretion" and insist on the downloaded driver.

Happy snapping!

1 Message

January 1st, 2020 17:00

I have tried all suggestions given on this forum to no avail, the camera won't just work. Does Dell have no precise solution to  this problem rather than allow buyers to suffer unnecessary to fix this issue or rather recall the product? 

1 Message

March 24th, 2020 12:00

I downloaded and extracted the `Atom...` chipset files but Device Manager had nothing to work with to find the camera driver as `Imaging Devices` or any other possible category would not expand, as Windows10 found no new hardware.

I had downloaded the chipset before but did not install as I got the message that I had all the same, updated, files.

I adapted your advice and installed the whole chipset despite the warning that it was already installed. I rebooted; still no camera yet.

I went to troubleshoot Settings and  scrolled down to Get Help (have a question) then entered my issue  for which I might have typed windows cannot find my internal camera.

The Help/robochat screen came up and I skipped the choices and `entered my response,` which might have been `windows cannot find my internal camera.` At some point in the process I indicated I was using the Microsoft camera app, not third party.  Three diagnostic options were presented. I made the `app` choice but this did not solve it (don`t remember the sequence of events) so the robochat suggested one of the other three choices,the `device` choice.  The camera app popped up in front of the robochat screen and moved around to get my attention. I tapped it and there was a moment of that didn`t work then the camera came on. I went to the canera app from  Start and it did work from there. I checked it out in the Skype AudioVisual settings and it worked but was upside down. I recall reading about this on my long journey so will seek to solve the Skype issuer now.

No Events found!