N40
1 Copper

Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 No Camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Dell.  I upgraded to Windows 10, and, subsequently have no camera installed.   I get the error message "Something went Wrong.  Make sure your camera is connected and not being use by another app."   I have checked the privacy settings (all are ON).   There is no device driver for a camera in the Imaging item in Device Manager.   And, I can find no device driver on the Dell support website.    I have also run all of the diagnostic tests on the Dell support website.   And, I have install all current updates (application, BIOs, firmware, etc.)     Can you recommend an option to isolate the driver on your website so that I can install it?   Than kyou

21 Replies
Adimansi
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 No Camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Dell.  I upgraded to Windows 10, and, subsequently have no camera installed.   I get the error message "Something went Wrong.  Make sure your camera is connected and not being use by another app."   I have checked the privacy settings (all are ON).   There is no device driver for a camera in the Imaging item in Device Manager.   And, I can find no device driver on the Dell support website.    I have also run all of the diagnostic tests on the Dell support website.   And, I have install all current updates (application, BIOs, firmware, etc.)     Can you recommend an option to isolate the driver on your website so that I can install it?   Than kyou

I think all the drivers are in the .CAB file in the support and downloads area for your device.

Download and extract file then add device manually, pointing to the folder containing the extracted files for the driver.

Also a good idea to update chipset drivers while you are at it and any available BIOS updates.

Dell Venue 8 Pro (5830) :: Kingston 64GB mSDHC Class 10 :: Plugable UD-PRO8 Dock
Targus SafePort :: Windows 10 32bit Pro :: No Problem
HERE'S HOW

0 Kudos
Tom Vader
1 Copper

This also just happened to me.
There are no drivers available for download. Cab files or otherwise. 
I've scanned for driver updates using the dell driver update tool. It shows everything is up to date.
I've run the diagnostics tool on the dell support site on the camera. The message shows "we are unable to find the selected device."
The camera worked prior to the update. 
No camera devices show up in device manager.
There are no unknown devices in device manager.

Pretty stuck at this point.

0 Kudos
Tom Vader
1 Copper

Installing the chipset drivers from the dell website fixed this for me.

JohnnyBz
1 Copper

I followed all of these suggestions (I posted my saga in the other "camera not working under Win10" thread), have all the latest drivers / BIOS / Clean Win8.1 install prior to Win10 upgrade / etc., but still my camera does not work.  I can only conclude that the LATEST camera driver for the DV8P is "fickle" under Win10 and does not work consistently.  Thus, Dell / Intel needs to FIX THE CAMERA DRIVER so that it works consistently under Win10.  Every thing except the camera works fine under WIn10, which makes this so frustrating.  The camera not working is a show stopper for me.  Having Win10 threatening a 30-day expiration for the ability to go back to Win8.1 only rubs salt in this wound.

0 Kudos
N40
1 Copper

Can anyone send me links to what should be updated and installed?    I have loaded and updated all of the possible options listed on the web site ---- and, the camera still does not work.     I'm hoping that I simply have not loaded the right things.    (For example, where are the correct CAB files?)     Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tom Vader
1 Copper

I downloaded and installed the "Intel Atom Z3000 Series Driver" chipset drivers, and it fixed the problem for me.

Windows did complain that "I already had the newest one", so this may actually be a roll back. I did not confirm that, however. 

You have to do it manually by going to the dell support site, and use the "find it myself" tab. It's under the chipset drivers. If you use the support tool that will scan your system, it will tell you that you're up-to-date.
I've included a direct link here to the chipset drivers, but honestly you should never trust a link like this on the internet.

Chipset Drivers

N40
1 Copper

This is extremely helpful!    I was using the support tool....    I REALLY appreciate the clarification for where to find the chipsets.    Thank you again!   I'll try it.

Mikerman
3 Cadmium

^ +1.

JohnnyBz
1 Copper

OK, I tried installing the "Intel Atom Z3000 Series Driver" as suggested (prior to doing this, I verified that my BIOS was at A11).  This DID NOT fix my camera problem. My BIOS remained at A11 through this update.

So I downloaded the A13 BIOS from Dell (file: 5830A13.exe) and installed that / verified my BIOS was updated to A13 in System Information.  Again, this DID NOT fix my camera problem.

I repeated the installation of the "Intel Atom Z3000 Series Driver" again, re-verified that my BIOS remained at A13.  Again, this DID NOT fix my camera problem.

Each and every time I attempted a change to my system, when I tried the Camera (via the Win10 "Camera" app), it would give the message "Something went wrong..........".  I KNOW that my camera HARDWARE is functional since it works FINE under Windows 8.1, both with the original installation, and again after restoring back to 8.1 after my first attempt to "upgrade" to Win10.

Again, I've tried every suggestion posted.  While I don't doubt that some of those suggestions work for some tablets, NONE of them worked for mine.  DELL / INTEL / MICROSOFT CONTINE TO LOSE CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE by their LACK of ability to fix the drivers for this Dell Venue 8 Pro so that the ***' CAMERA works under Win10 RELIABLY.

DELL SHOULD REMOVE THEIR CLAIM that the Dell Venue 8 Pro is "compatible" with Windows 10 until they can fix this problem!!!

0 Kudos