JordanMills
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro - Mobile Broadband

That would have been helpful.  But with the new information we've been able to drag out of them and their reluctance to specify when hardware meeting their advertised specifications will actually be out, I think the decision is made for us.  I'm going to have to cancel my order - the Lumia 2520 is already here and all models support wifi and LTE.

Sorry, Dell, you really blew this one.

0 Kudos
souledgeii
1 Copper

Hi Don,

I know there will be a lte option for venue 8 pro, but do you know if it will support T-mobile? if it's ATT version, will it locked, I won't wait for it if it doesn't work for tmobile.

0 Kudos
TheeLeith
1 Copper

I found a thread on Reddit that suggested this option would not be available until Feb or March?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
htuser
1 Copper

Severals Dell chat agents said to me that Mobile Broadband and GPS will be available on Venue Pro Windows Models the next month.

Sincerely yours,

0 Kudos
JordanMills
2 Bronze

According to the Dell Support, All Model does'nt have embedded GPS. Please, see detailled chat with a Dell representative bellow:

He is informed about as well as the rest of the dell support staff.  It's a surface-mount QUALCOMM gobi chipset, and GPS is part of the chip - QUALCOMM doesn't make gobi chipsets without GPS.

0 Kudos
mpineda7
1 Copper

I ordered that also thinking the same and now it's too late, so I ordered a case but I got a wrong one so I returned and I lost my gift card because at the time they got the returned item, was expired,,, thanks Dell, I am a really loyal customer and making you more money since I recommend all your products to friends and family and sometimes ordering under my name... thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
JordanMills
2 Bronze

Severals Dell chat agents said to me that Mobile Broadband and GPS will be available on Venue Pro Windows Models the next month.

Sincerely yours,

Looks like they were pulling our leg.

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Cadmium

[quote user="htuser"]

Sincerely yours,

Looks like they were pulling our leg.[/quote]

And Dell is sending every DV8P owner a coupon for a free Dell laptop.   emoticon.Wink.title
0 Kudos
JordanMills
2 Bronze

Hello JORDANMILLS and Steve_NYC,

Thank you for your interest in the Venue 8 Pro.  It will be available in a Mobile Broadband version in the near future.  As for an exact date, I do not have one.  I can only recommend checking back to the website often for updates in availability.

Dell Windows Tablets: http://dell.to/1hh4yNw

I wish I had more details!

-Don D

Been a year now.  The product page shows two WWAN configurations, but there are no models with them.  Should we take this to mean that Dell just lied to us to string  us along?

RxM York
1 Copper

I just upgraded my Venue 11 Pro (7130) by adding Sierra Wireless 5808E WWAN card. I bought it from Amazon. I think the card comes unlocked and I just added AT&T SIM.

Now I have two new features:

1> Mobile Broadband (4G LTE)

2> GPS

Installation was easy. The WWAN card has three sockets but the DV11Pro only has two cables in the slot. So I connected the White/Grey to the Main and Black to AUX. Left the GPS unplugged. Even with this setup the GPS works fine with Apps such as Maps and GMAPS. 4G/LTE connectivity is managed natively in Win 8.1 and appears as an option under Networks. It automatically switches to WIFI and has some cool features to conserve 4G data usage.

All in all, I am now very happy with my tablet. 

0 Kudos