Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2013 07:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro Recorded Audio Problem

Has anyone tried recording audio from the built in microphone? I have tried using the audio/video recording software supplied and adjusted levels and everything comes out very distorted. Pre-recorded audio from another source plays just fine. Possibly there is a driver for the audio recording? I do not have an external microphone to try.

Thanks

November 23rd, 2013 07:00

I was able to find an old iphone headset with the mic on the wire. This mic works very well with clear audio. This shows that my built in mic is bad. Or is there something I am missing? Any solutions?

Thanks

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 09:00

I fixed mine by going into the audio settings page and messing with the gain. I have my microphone boost to +36db and the input volume is at 91. You'd think it will be more distorted but it seems to take care of the issue. I tested it and played it back within Adobe Audition. Post your results!

November 24th, 2013 05:00

Hi js324. Thanks for the response. I tried your settings and it did seem to improve the audio, but It still has a lot of distortion. The distortion sounds like an audio recording at a very low bit rate and only responding to the high frequencies.I believe it is an actual problem with the internal microphone. Making compared recordings between the internal mic and the iphone earbud mic, there is no comparison. the iphone ear bud mic is super sensitive and has great quality audio with decent frequency response. I may send an email to Dell support and see what they suggest. The internal mic is a small item but it can come in real handy at times and it should work properly.

Thanks for your input.

No Events found!