Highlighted
Mikerman
3 Zinc

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro -- Reloading Windows 10 -- inaccessible boot device

I believe I used the right adapter, but not entirely sure. Here's the link to what I used -

www.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

It's an Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 12W Power Adapter / USB Wall Charger.

Nope, that's not a USB-OTG cable/adapter--you can tell if a cable/adapter is, because it'll be called, well, a USB-OTG cable/adapter.    They're available all over, often for $5 or less (Dell sells one as well, at a higher price that's unnecessary)--a search at Amazon.com will pull many up.   

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Zinc

Here's a link to a sample USB-OTG cable/adapter (assuming Dell allows the posting--it still hasn't approved a post here I made yesterday with a link).

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Samusung-Android-Windows-Function/dp/B00LN3LQKQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&a...

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Zinc

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Zinc

Note that the above do not allow power plus data at the same time, and so make sure that your tablet is charged before using them.  There are for sale separate USB OTG adapters that have both a power as well as data connection, and some which even combine that with a USB hub, such as:

https://www.amazon.com/TechIntheBox-Extension-Smartphone-Simultaneous-Transmisson/dp/B00U90AM04/ref=...

0 Kudos
dougclan
1 Nickel

I did get the post yesterday and bought the Ugreen micro OTG. It arrives tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Zinc

I did get the post yesterday and bought the Ugreen micro OTG. It arrives tomorrow.
Cool--let us know if that does the trick.

0 Kudos
dougclan
1 Nickel

Sorry, the new adapter didn't work. It's the same issue: Windows Setup  is found, but the touchscreen is disabled. I connected a Dell USB keyboard to the powered hub, but was unable to advance the screen by hitting "Next" or capital "N." See above post from Xavalon. I followed his instructions because he indicated there is a way to embed the driver so that the touchscreen loads along with Windows at the same time. However, I couldn't find one of the Windows files (install.wim) and the Z3700 driver pack on Dell's site for my Venue 8 Pro. I left him some questions but haven't heard back. I'm not sure why Dell doesn't make the Windows recovery/driver set available any longer to its customers on a flash drive.

0 Kudos
dougclan
1 Nickel

Just to let you know that the new adapter didn't work. I did respond Dec. 31, but it was never posted. I remain having the same issue -- the touchscreen is disabled and I am unable to advance the the new installation of Win 10 by clicking/touching Next. There was a promising post on Dec. 27 by Xavalon, but I hit two hurdles finding the files/drivers that he specified. I posted a note above to him, but haven't heard back, understandably, perhaps, because of the holidays.

0 Kudos