Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2014 02:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro System Notifications Not Working

I just picked up the DV8 and noticed that I am not properly getting system notifications.  More specifically, the email received audio notification chime doesn't play whenever I receive a incoming email or the notification light doesn't blink while the unit is in sleep mode.  I've checked the audio drivers and they work fine. I can play YouTube videos with no problem and rarely I'll see the notification light if at all.  Additionally, I've checked all the boxes for system notifications to 'on' so that's not the problem either.  I've called Dell who said it was a Microsoft problem.  After getting nowhere with Microsoft's Customer Support, I'm still stuck with not getting notifications.  Does anyone know of any workarounds or solutions?

Thanks.

22 Posts

I dont think you'll get indication about the notification through LED, You will get audio notification.

3 Posts

Yes... everything is checked as 'on'.  Still no joy.

22 Posts

Can you please check whether notification sound is enabled in charms>>pcsettings>>notifications.

3 Posts

Audio notifications don't work in asleep or awake modes.  LED notification light hardly works at all.

March 11th, 2014 15:00

Same problem here, no notification LED :emotion-9:

I can't even find it in settings.

No Events found!