Venue-Pro-user
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

Jump to solution

I have the new linksys smart wi-fi EA4500 and has only settings as in the image..

0 Kudos
Stinkypasta
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have contacted Dell support. They believe it is a faulty network adapter, and are sending a replacement.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Venue-Pro-user,

Mixed personal should be ok. I should have suggested that when changing the security, make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Stinkypasta,

Sorry to hear about the faulty adapter. Glad Dell is sending a replacement.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

All of the problems described here are also happening on the Venue 11 Pro. If the tablet is left unused for a few hours, the wireless goes to sleep and won't wake up. This happens even if the tablet Power Management Sleep setting is Never, and happens whether or not the unit is plugged in. Usually toggling Wireless off and on using the charm will fix it. But today I had to go into Control Panel and disable/enable the wireless network adapter to get it to wake up.

This is similar to a problem that Dell machines used to have with the wireless power plan settings. However, on this tablet the driver software seems to be incomplete as it does not have wireless power plan settings. I don't think it is a defective adapter, I think it is defective software.

Venue-Pro-user
1 Copper

Jump to solution

At this point I have tried everything (updates, swapping unit) and all points toward NOT a Hardware issue but Software issue. It is sad to see that company like Dell has decided to ignore a fix. Not a choice left but to finally to return the unit for all and move ahead... sorry Dell you lost a customer.

0 Kudos
MeatHead88
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have this issue as well.  The WiFi adapter turns completely off when my Venue 8 Pro sleeps and there are no power settings exposed in the current driver for me to modify.  I can see it dropping off my access point when it sleeps.  Driver issue...

0 Kudos
wzimmer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi all,

My WiFi adapter also was not working so I went into device manager then properties of the network adapter. Updated the driver by browsing to the drivers folder on C and even though it said Windows has determined you are already using the best driver, clicked close then I noticed device manager refreshed and no more errors in device manager, then my WiFi reconnected... I know this sounds absurd, but it worked for me. Good luck to y'all!  

0 Kudos
JasonMRaub
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Have you guys installed the new driver package    Intel_Chipset_WW48_PR5.1_A03_ZPE.  I recommend installing it and see if you're WiFi is fixed, my WiFi seems to be working now after installation. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Venue-Pro-user
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Already installed Intel_Chipset_WW48_PR5.1_A03_ZPE and issue still the same. Please confirm that once it is in sleep mode for some time that your wifi still stays connected or it shows "limited"?

0 Kudos
Stinkypasta
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Replacement tablet was delivered today. We'll see how it goes.

0 Kudos