Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2013 05:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

it seems either way I disable the Wi Fi by the 'switch' itself or 'Airplane' mode it is a pain to get it on and have to manually 'disable the entire WiFi and then enable it joggin the WiFi off and on til it seems to catch on I am trying to turn it back on. I am only trying to turn it off to save battery right now but is this normal? Will a fix be forth coming because i'ts a pain right now.

December 2nd, 2013 11:00

Update on router settings (sorry was looking at wrong router)

Security mode: WPA2/WPA Mixed Personal
Channel: 9 - 2.452 GHz

Trying with Channel 11

December 2nd, 2013 11:00

My AP is now set to channel 11.

It was set to WPA2 only and "AES or TKIP". When I tried setting to TKIP and WPA (per the recommended doc), the tablet couldn't connect. After setting to WPA and AES, I was able to connect.

Will report back on what happens, and whether this helps.

December 2nd, 2013 16:00

I have contacted Dell support. They believe it is a faulty network adapter, and are sending a replacement.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 17:00

Venue-Pro-user,

Mixed personal should be ok. I should have suggested that when changing the security, make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Stinkypasta,

Sorry to hear about the faulty adapter. Glad Dell is sending a replacement.

Rick

December 3rd, 2013 06:00

At this point I have tried everything (updates, swapping unit) and all points toward NOT a Hardware issue but Software issue. It is sad to see that company like Dell has decided to ignore a fix. Not a choice left but to finally to return the unit for all and move ahead... sorry Dell you lost a customer.

8 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 09:00

I have this issue as well.  The WiFi adapter turns completely off when my Venue 8 Pro sleeps and there are no power settings exposed in the current driver for me to modify.  I can see it dropping off my access point when it sleeps.  Driver issue...

1 Message

December 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi all,

My WiFi adapter also was not working so I went into device manager then properties of the network adapter. Updated the driver by browsing to the drivers folder on C and even though it said Windows has determined you are already using the best driver, clicked close then I noticed device manager refreshed and no more errors in device manager, then my WiFi reconnected... I know this sounds absurd, but it worked for me. Good luck to y'all!  

December 5th, 2013 16:00

On the Venue 11 Pro (which has the same wifi adapter and same driver as the Venue 8 Pro, and the same wifi problems) I found that installing the A04 BIOS update somewhat improved the wifi stability. Instead of wifi going into a coma three times a day, now it happens only once a day. Well, that's progress anyway. I don't know if the A04 BIOS is compatible with the Venue 8 Pro, however.

One of the Dell guys has written a post where he suggests there is a new version of the wifi driver in the works. Maybe this will fix it.

Already installed Intel_Chipset_WW48_PR5.1_A03_ZPE and issue still the same. Please confirm that once it is in sleep mode for some time that your wifi still stays connected or it shows "limited"?

Hopefully it is released soon! Already replaced the unit and have installed all updates and problem continues.

8 Posts

Yes, the issue is coming out of sleep.  Are you connected instantly or does it take a couple seconds to connect?

We need the tablets to switch to low power wifi mode so that connection remains active

(so we can fast resume and not be disconnected from network apps...)

22 Posts

Have you guys installed the new driver package    Intel_Chipset_WW48_PR5.1_A03_ZPE.  I recommend installing it and see if you're WiFi is fixed, my WiFi seems to be working now after installation. I hope this helps.

Replacement tablet was delivered today. We'll see how it goes.

8 Posts

December 5th, 2013 17:00

A driver change/update is what we need.

December 6th, 2013 09:00

I know it seems somewhat obvious now (looking at the last several comments), but I can confirm that this is not a hardware issue (at least in my situation). The replacement tablet I received from Dell yesterday is exhibiting the same problem with Wi-Fi. I can be actively using my tablet, and the wireless will just cut out without warning.

No Events found!