Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2013 05:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

it seems either way I disable the Wi Fi by the 'switch' itself or 'Airplane' mode it is a pain to get it on and have to manually 'disable the entire WiFi and then enable it joggin the WiFi off and on til it seems to catch on I am trying to turn it back on. I am only trying to turn it off to save battery right now but is this normal? Will a fix be forth coming because i'ts a pain right now.

8 Posts

December 9th, 2013 17:00

WTF? iPad 8?

Sounds like you misplaced your tinfoil hat!

(and only one post, eh?  take your fear mongering elsewhere pls)

All this talk about Wifi connecting issues but I hear NOTHING about the radiation problems with it ???

Have you tested your unit ??

I tested my Ipad 8 & it pulses out every 6 to 10 seconds & some times with a double pulse.

It reads at levels up to 11,000 uW/m2 with wifi on  !!!!!    My cell phone when in use reads ONLY about 5 to 121 uW/m2 .

That's almost 100 times greater radiation levels & at almost a constant output while you use that IPAD.

I became dizzy & nauseated within 5 minutes of being near it. I bought these Ipads as gifts for my grand kids but will in NO WAY allow them to use them & will now return them. Do you know what damage or harm you will be doing to yourself or your kids ??  Google "Dangers of Wifi".

RS

8 Posts

December 9th, 2013 17:00

Back to the subject....

I noticed my Dell Venue 8 Pro's Wi-Fi behaves much better if  I leave the HULU app open....  Could that maintain some type of connection that keeps the Wi-Fi alive?  Not playing a movie, mid you, just the app running or even app suspended.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2013 18:00

Yeah, it is  rather big rollup of several hotfixes.  And my other computers with this patch are working fine on wifi

I agree. What makes you think uninstalling this patch will fix the issue??

8 Posts

But it seems to fix a lot of other issues....some security related.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2887595

Try uninstalling Microsoft Update KB2887595. It's causing the WiFi to fail.

To do this:

1. Swipe down to All Applications

2. Scroll all the way right to Control Panel

3. When Control Panel appears on the desktop, search for Windows Update and click it

4. On the left pane there will be an option for View Installed Updates. Tap it.

5. Find Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2887595) and tap it, then tap Uninstall.

6. Wait for it to uninstall.

7. Restart.

8. Your WiFi should be working again.

13 Posts

Uninstall Microsoft Update KB2887595. It's causing the WiFi to fail.

To do this:

3. When Control Panel appears on the desktop, search for Windows Update and click it

5. Find Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2887595) and tap it, then tap Uninstall.

7. Restart.

13 Posts

Try uninstalling Microsoft Update KB2887595. It's causing the WiFi to fail.

To do this:

7. Restart.

1 Message

December 9th, 2013 19:00

I solved this problem by disabling the network device in device manager.  Scanning for hardware changes reinstalled the driver and the wi-fi came back to life. 
When you disable the driver do not delete the driver files. If you do that you're sunk.

Chris

13 Posts

December 9th, 2013 19:00

Here's why I know it worked, at least for me:

1. WiFi stopped working after installing the latest updates.

2. I uninstalled updates one at a time until WiFi resumed working.

3. I reinstalled the 7595 update and WiFi stopped again.

4. I uninstalled the 7595 update again and WiFi came back, again.

Thanks and Best,

-Auri

2 Posts

December 9th, 2013 23:00

Thanks. that fixed the problem for me. 

When this first happened, I tried driver update, BIOS update (A04) but it did not fix my problem. Remove adapter and re-scan and problem didnt go away.

i then restored the whole Windows and sure enough wifi was working again.

Did Windows updates right after restore and wifi stopped worrking right away which tells me Windows update is the issue for sure.

Tried uninstall update one by one but found your post which fixed the problem for me without trying one at a time. 

I hide the update for now until Dell and Microsoft sort out this issue. 

Thanks a lot for your post.

4 Posts

December 10th, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the tip, it brought my wifi back and fixed my sleep issue, where putting the computer into sleep, would not easily come back unless I did a hard shutdown.  

13 Posts

December 10th, 2013 13:00

OK, the new update causing the issue is KB2903939.

So, now you need to make sure you've uninstalled KB2903939 and KB2887595 since this latest Patch Tuesday increased our troubles.

I've also added instructions to my blog: http://aurir.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/having-wifi-issues-with-dell-venue-pro-8-uninstall-microsoft-patch-kb2887595/

2 Posts

Thanks - this process worked for me.

However, with today's (12/10) Windows Updates, the problem has returned.  So perhaps 7595 has been rolled into one of today's updates too.  Not sure which to uninstall, or if there is another work-around.

13 Posts

Yep, I noticed the same thing today. Dang, really Dell? Microsoft, seriously? I'm back to figuring out which one did it... probably a big update :) I'll keep everyone posted.

2 Posts

I went into update and right click on that KB and "Hide" the update. Also made the update "download but choose when to install" so I can make sure it does not automatically update by itself again. 

No Events found!