cointelpro
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip, it brought my wifi back and fixed my sleep issue, where putting the computer into sleep, would not easily come back unless I did a hard shutdown.  

0 Kudos
JeffPr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks - this process worked for me.

However, with today's (12/10) Windows Updates, the problem has returned.  So perhaps 7595 has been rolled into one of today's updates too.  Not sure which to uninstall, or if there is another work-around.

0 Kudos
AuriR
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yep, I noticed the same thing today. Dang, really Dell? Microsoft, seriously? I'm back to figuring out which one did it... probably a big update 🙂 I'll keep everyone posted.

0 Kudos
ecsw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I went into update and right click on that KB and "Hide" the update. Also made the update "download but choose when to install" so I can make sure it does not automatically update by itself again. 

0 Kudos
AuriR
1 Copper

Jump to solution

OK, the new update causing the issue is KB2903939.

So, now you need to make sure you've uninstalled KB2903939 and KB2887595 since this latest Patch Tuesday increased our troubles.

I've also added instructions to my blog: http://aurir.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/having-wifi-issues-with-dell-venue-pro-8-uninstall-microsoft-patch-kb2887595/

JeffPr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Nice work Auri - thanks for the info.  This re-enabled my wi-fi. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
EricWil76
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just want to confirm I am having the same issues with my two new Dell Venue Pro 11's . I have fixed the issue temporarily by not installing the 7595 Microsoft update and re-installing the WiFi driver. I seriously hope Dell has a driver update very soon. This is beyond ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SirRobert66
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This also fixed my venue8.  I worked fine for a day then was dead to the world.  I tried a number of things unsuccessfully before finding this post.

I reset the machine back to factory settings.

I went to support/dell and installed latest firmware/bios and dell updates.  these all seemed to worked fine.

I made a restore point then tried to run the Windows updates that the MY DELL app told me were urgent. 

This killed the machine

Note:  make sure you change the default PC SETTINGS  > UPDATE AND RECOVERY' > Choose how updates get installed > to NOT automatically update windows. 

Sure glad I did not buy this tablet for my mother.

0 Kudos
a1l2e3x4
1 Copper

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
toujoursdan
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I uninstalled KB2887595 and rebooted and didn't have KB2903939 installed, however when I attempted to download Adobe Photoshop (a 460MB file), experienced the same WiFi issue as before. It dropped out in the middle of the download. The WiFi shows on but doesn't show any available signals (and there are a dozen in my area.) Nothing but a full reboot brings it back.

So that doesn't seem to have fixed all the WiFi issues. 😕

0 Kudos