Mikerman
4 Tellurium

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro bad choice of USB Micro-A socket with USB Micro-B plug. Already broken!

Jump to solution

Personally, I don't think that you're out the $$:  as  mentioned, the benefit of the short cable version is that it dissipates, I think, tension on the tablet port--I was concerned that the "elbow" adapters could cause that.  I think that the cable adapter will work well for you--

And yep, always a concern over the low-cost (imported) parts, but there often isn't any choice.

0 Kudos
elfaroui
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro bad choice of USB Micro-A socket with USB Micro-B plug. Already broken!

Jump to solution

Thanks Rich2beach for your comment

0 Kudos
Prof BobM
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Bought my Pro 11 2 years 8 months ago. That USB port broke on me three times - The last two times within 4 months of each other.

No I never forced anything. The darn thing just breaks off internally and suddenly, it doesn't charge anymore.

Sad that such a great company would design something so poorly.

Ready to drop this one in the trash and buy elsewhere. So frustrating. Luckily I have a laptop (not Dell) to continue my work on.

0 Kudos
Braino1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I just dropped my Venue 8 Pro 64GB into the trash.  Good Riddance & what a waste of $300.   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mikerman
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

I just dropped my Venue 8 Pro 64GB into the trash.  Good Riddance & what a waste of $300.   Smiley Sad

How 'bout mail it to me instead?  

0 Kudos