Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2016 23:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro has Slow or No Wireless Connection When Bluetooth Devices Connected

I have a Dell venue 8 pro tablet, i bought it last year from NewYork. I really love this tablet and i dont want to leave.

But it has a problem about the Qualcomm Wireless Bluetooth Chip and driver.

When bluetooth is off Wireless connection works well. No sleep issue or anything. Everything is ok. But When i open bluetooth connection and starting to use my Microsoft Wedge Bluetooth and keyboard wifi connection is getting slow or no internet connection.

There is a problem in the chip this Bluetooth and Wireless functions not working well together. I need help to fix this issue. Anybody using Bluetooth Mouse and koeyboad with Dell Venue 8 Pro? And is there a solution about this problem?

Installed Windows 10 Anniversay Update on My Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. 

Im waiting for the helps from users and "Dell (Actually) "

Thanks.

9.4K Posts

September 14th, 2016 12:00

Hi denizselcok,

Thanks for posting!

Apologies that you are having problems with your tablet.  According to the OS Compatibility website, it appears that the Venue 8 Pro tablet is not supported with Windows 10 Anniversary.  

You may wish to back up your data and do a factory reset. 

Post back if you need additional assistance.

Regards,
Robert

307 Posts

September 14th, 2016 17:00

The OS Compatibility website does not say that the Venue 8 Pro tablet is not supported with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. (The website says the Venue 8 Pro 5855 was tested.) It says "If your computer model is not listed, Dell is not testing the device ...". So are you saying that the Venue 8 Pro 5830 while it is supported for Windows 10 is not supported for Windows 10 Anniversary Update? If so, how are we supposed to prevent Automatic Update from installing the Anniversary Update.

915 Posts

September 14th, 2016 21:00

^ +1.

9.4K Posts

September 16th, 2016 09:00

If it does not appear in that link, then Dell will not be testing it, therefore, it is not supported.  The tablet will have to be returned to the OS that originally shipped with it in order to get service.  Thanks.

307 Posts

September 16th, 2016 18:00

When I put in my Service Tag for my Venue 8 Pro 5830, the Product Support page says "Windows 10 upgrade available Dell has tested this product to confirm that it can upgrade to Windows 10". I have a PDF of Dell Article ID: SLN297954 dated 8/20/2015 that listed the Venue 8 Pro 5830 as tested for upgrade to Windows 10. How can you say the tablet is not supported? Windows 10 Anniversary Update is still Windows 10, just updated. Are saying that Dell was wrong when they told us we could upgrade to Windows 10, but now that Windows 10 Anniversary Update is out we should go back to Windows 8.1?

915 Posts

September 17th, 2016 09:00

Sorry, Robert P, you're just wrong . . . .  "Windows 10 Anniversary Update'" simply is the marketing name of an update to Win10, which, in fact, Win10 automatically applies and which cannot be avoided. It is no different than all of the other updates that Win10 automatically applies to Win10 systems, apart from the number of changes being applied simultaneously (rather than through sequential updates).  If the tablet supports Win10, which it does, the update is included.

9.4K Posts

September 20th, 2016 07:00

Windows 10 is different from  Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Since the Venue Pro 8 was shipped with 32 bit, so which version of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update did you upload  32 or 64?  

I'm looking at the Dell article you mentioned in your post, however I do not see the 5830 listed.

The Windows 10 32 bit is supported per the product page so, reverting back to 8.1 wouldn't be necessary.  You should be able to get assistance from Tech Support.  Here's the information from the product page:

Regards,
Robert

915 Posts

September 20th, 2016 09:00

Yes, Robert P, Windows 10 is different from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, just as Windows 10 is different from its original version the minute that Windows Update applies an update to it--typically, right after the operating system is installed.  Windows 10 is not a new operating system nor a new version of Windows, it is Windows 10 updated with fixes and enhancements, etc.

And, as noted above, there is no practical way to avoid it once one has upgraded to Windows 10, which Dell has "certified" the DV8P for--Windows 10 automatically applies the Anniversary Update through the generally unstoppable Windows 10 Update service.  

October 5th, 2016 01:00

I have a problem and this is not about the version of Windows. It was happening in Windows 10 and Windows 8. Dell cant solve this problem because there is WiFi and Bluetooth Module Interference.

I cant use My Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse and Wifi together. When i use Any Bluetooth device, wifi connection is slowing down or completely down.

This is the problem guys. And there is no fix about this problem and any new bios, firmware and driver about this problem.

Please help!

307 Posts

October 8th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

I am using a HP Bluetooth keyboard and a HP Bluetooth mouse and I do not have a problem with WiFi and Bluetooth interference. I did not have a problem with Windows 8.1 nor a problem with Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update which I am currently using. I am sorry the discussion got off on an OS tangent but Robert P. seemed to imply that the OS was an issue when you said you had installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update and he suggested you do a factory reset. I am using the latest BIOS, Version A14. My Dell Wireless 1538 802.11 a/g/n Adapter is using Qualcomm Atheros driver version 3.7.2.63705 dated 1/27/2016. My Bluetooth driver is Microsoft version 10.0.14393.103 dated 6/21/2006. My Bluetooth mouse is HID-compliant mouse using Microsoft driver 10.0.14393.0 dated 6/21/2006. My Bluetooth keyboard is HID Keyboard Device using Microsoft driver 10.0.14393.206 dated 6/21/2006. Hope this helps.

January 28th, 2017 10:00

I finally figured this out! It's interference between the Bluetooth and wifi on the 2.4gHz band.  I solved this by enabling the 5 gHz antenna on my router and connecting to that.

It doesn't seem like it's solvable with 2.4gHz wifi and Bluetooth simultaneously.  So if you don't have access to a 5 gHz router then you're out of luck.  I tried literally everything else; had been trying to figure this out for months and finally got it today.

No Events found!