HollyJ
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro not CHARGING!!!!

Jump to solution
I've had the same problem With my Venue 8 Pro. I caught it when I saw the charging symbol and then put the unit down onto a table. I noticed the symbol would go away. I have another charger to use so I can compare & found out the power supply was good but the cable did not fit well into the tablet. Both power units worked but the one cable wasn't maintaining a good connection & wasn't charging.
0 Kudos
Preynen
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just so you know...I contacted Tech support twice for an issue with my WIFI dying. I also asked them both times about the charging issue. They Had no clue what I was talking about and had no suggestions. I will say that the accents made me confident that they were not in the U.S..

As to the WIFI, magically it stated working again as I was putting it in the box to ship for service. So far so good on both issues but I would like better charging options. I installed several updates today but the battery is so low I turned it off rather that risk a critical state.

0 Kudos
hughpell
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Sounds like a good idea but hard to do if your battery has discharged to the point of not powering up the unit.  I ran a deep discharge procedure to cure a wi-fi problem.  The fix worked and had the wi-fi working but could not charge the battery.  While trying to solve the problem the battery ran down.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
jfreiman
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I am on my third DV8Pro and each one of them has had problems. The latest one will not charge. I try and try and try, I try different chargers, cables, etc. but it only charges on rare occasions. The stupid tablet only works maybe once every couple of weeks -- then when will not charge again. I have already sent 2 DV8Pro tablets back for other errors problems. This is a product that is plagued with issues and should be recalled and replaced by a tablet that functions. Sending out a "complementary" replacement stylus just rubbed in my face that that the stylus even the 2.0 version still is useless and not only did I waste my money on a 64GB tablet, but I also wasted money on the stylus! G A R B A G E Dell support won't even take it back, the Microsoft Store won't take it back -- no one wants it because it doesn't work. I can't even give it to my Mom to replace her broken Kindle because it won't charge consistently.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JordanMills
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
I am on my third DV8Pro and each one of them has had problems. The latest one will not charge. I try and try and try, I try different chargers, cables, etc. but it only charges on rare occasions. The stupid tablet only works maybe once every couple of weeks -- then when will not charge again. I have already sent 2 DV8Pro tablets back for other errors problems. This is a product that is plagued with issues and should be recalled and replaced by a tablet that functions. Sending out a "complementary" replacement stylus just rubbed in my face that that the stylus even the 2.0 version still is useless and not only did I waste my money on a 64GB tablet, but I also wasted money on the stylus! G A R B A G E Dell support won't even take it back, the Microsoft Store won't take it back -- no one wants it because it doesn't work. I can't even give it to my Mom to replace her broken Kindle because it won't charge consistently.
At least you can get yours returned. Dell claims I don't own one, despite one of their employees handing it to me. This whole thing is an embarrassing mess.
juliocmv
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I've bought mine in February in Microsoft Store in Las Vegas. Yesterday it stopped to charge. Always using the original charger and cable. I plugged it in the USB port in my computer and the same behavior without charge... I'm in Brazil and I called to the local Dell support. Spent about 1 hour just changing between one technical and other. Bad customer care.......
0 Kudos
ibizsystems
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just wanted everyone to know my experience.  I had a V8P for two weeks and ran into the same issue.  I tried everything that the support technician recommended over the phone.  They then told me that I had to send it in for service. 

Upon receiving at their service center they called to tell me that it was water damaged and my warranty has been voided. I only used it for one charge, it never left the house, and I definitely did not spill anything on it or drop it in water. 

I explained this and they said that there is nothing they could do.  It is funny that the charging ports now light up after receiving it back.

Did anyone else send their Venue 8 Pro in for this issue and have it come back as "water damaged? 

0 Kudos
gandolf1963
1 Copper

Jump to solution
IF DELLCARED YOU WOULD FIX OUR TABLETS INSTEAD OF SENDING REFURBS OUT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.THIS IS WHY THE PROBLEM WILL CONTINUE UNTILL THERE IS CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. TO MAKE THE CUSTOMERS HAPPY CALL BACK THE TABLETS AND REDISIGN AT YOUR COST. DONT JUST KEEP SENDING OUT REFURBS IN HOPES THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT. DELL NEXT TIME LUBE ME UP FIRST. PUT A SMALL MARK SOMEWHERE SNEAKY ON YOUR TABLET TAKE A PHOTO WITH CAM A GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MACHINE BACK. ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAD IN THE PAST WILL HAPPEN ALL OVER AGAIN.BECAUE THEY JUST SEND REFURBS SET FACTORY SPECS AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MAENS WEAK PORTS. THESE PORTS DELL USES ARE NOT FULLY BEDED. THE CARD THE ARE ATTACHED ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY WEAK. ALSO GUYS WATCH YOUR BATTERIES . AND REMEBER FOLKS CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA. YOU BE BETTER WITH AN ABACUS.
gandolf1963
1 Copper

Jump to solution
DELL CUSTOMERS I THINK WE HAVE PLAYED AND PAYED ENOUGH THE ONLY WAY TO HANDLE IS TO NOT TO. WE NEED TO ALL GET TOGETHER FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST DELL OR THIS WILL CONTINUE. THE ONLY WAY TO TEACH THESE MONSTERS A LESSON IS TO TAKE THERE MONEY THEY DO NOT LIKE TO PAY. WHY DO YOU THINK THE HIRE ALL SUPPORT FROM OVER SEAS THEY DONT LIKE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING NOT EVEN GOOD EMPLOYEES.
0 Kudos
juliocmv
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I SOLVED MINE !!! I decided not open the tablet to avoid lose the "warranty". So I turn on the tablet hundred times until the amber light turn off (take care to avoid broke the power button). So I plugged the tablet again and the white light turned on and tablet charge completely :):):) I update everything from DELL website: Bios, firmware, drivers, etc, etc... Now it is working perfectly and charging without issues. I think some update before generate this issue.... Per attention DELL technical team !!!
0 Kudos