dchbi
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro not charging?

Jump to solution

Ditto here also. My Venue8 Pro died within one week after purchasing directly from Dell. Frustrating to say the least. I was required to return the Venue to Dell for repairs. SO... after roughly sixty days, 9 or ten additional calls/tech support inquires (ohh, I will NOT even  go into the language/communication problems I had with Dell's Philippine based tech support) my Venue works flawlessly ONLY about 80-90% of the time with power issues being the cause for the aforementioned 10-20% failures. If I could return I most certainly would. Let it be know I was a solid Dell fan. Until recently, I ONLY used Dell PCs in my Biotech  company I started and ran successfully for past 21 yrs.

I hope my comments were/are helpful.

Good luck to you all!

DC

0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Cadmium

Jump to solution

Ditto here also. My Venue8 Pro died within one week after purchasing directly from Dell. Frustrating to say the least. I was required to return the Venue to Dell for repairs. SO... after roughly sixty days, 9 or ten additional calls/tech support inquires (ohh, I will NOT even  go into the language/communication problems I had with Dell's Philippine based tech support) my Venue works flawlessly ONLY about 80-90% of the time with power issues being the cause for the aforementioned 10-20% failures. If I could return I most certainly would. Let it be know I was a solid Dell fan. Until recently, I ONLY used Dell PCs in my Biotech  company I started and ran successfully for past 21 yrs.

I hope my comments were/are helpful.

Good luck to you all!

DC

It sounds like you've been doing what you can, but I can't help but wonder, with an on-going 10-20% problem rate, can't you request/"require" a replacement with a new DV8P?

0 Kudos
amir_dadair
1 Copper

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
stuartmay
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This hasn't worked for me - the plastic cover of what? - I have removed (both) plastic covers from the Pro8 and the top of the power adapter (that connects the usb cable to the mains).  I have no plastic covers that could impede the electrical flow at all and my Pro8 still won't keep an electrical charge.  [:'(]

0 Kudos
amir_dadair
1 Copper

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
DellIsTheOne
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is very helpful information and seems will fix my issue....however, what if the device is already dead (no power)....how can you install new Power Manager software to get it to charge again?

0 Kudos
seanpr11
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Hi All, I wish I had found this thread while researching this tablet! But unfortunately I didn't find it until I had the same problem after using it on Day 1 for a couple hours. Now it is out of power, won't turn on. I just contacted the Company I purchased from, and hopefully getting a shipping label to send it back, here on day 2. Sad, because I liked it for the time I was able to use it.
0 Kudos
dEaDpiMp
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell venue 8 pro.  Not charging as well.   I purchased this as a refurbished unit so very doubtful there is much in the warranty department.  I mean really "The Warranty" is the biggest scam ever played on the human race.     

There is apparently  two  common micro usb a type ab type.   A trapezoidal shape and rectangle style.  The trap style can be plugged in upside down and damage the charging port.  My refurbished unit was send with a trap style charger  and yep you guessed it broke the jack.   Feeling all warm and fuzzy about dell now.    Just google  search dell venue usb jack charging.   good luck   Swore by dell products for my home and business....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jfreiman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just spent another FRUSTRATING 90 minutes on the phone with Dell "support"

Still hasn't sent me a return box for my DV8Pro which has been replaced 6 times in all. 

Just sent Michael Dell a shaming Tweet regarding the way their company is treating their Venue customers.

MichaelDell 

Their lack of support, compassion and ineptitude makes me want to saw the tablet I have in half
!  Another replacement that I can't charge!!!!!!!!

Today's support person BLAMED ME for putting in the charging cord upside down!  That prompted me on the edge of hysteria, to which I replied:

Look at the charging port on the Venue! What shape is is? It's a rectangle.

What shape is the charging cable? "D shaped"

Now look at your non-iOS smartphone:

What shape is the charging port: D Shaped

What shape is the charging cable? Also D Shaped!!!

Do YOU SEE THE PROBLEM?!  You DARE TELL ME that I'm wrong!!!!!!????

Shame on Dell and their executives who are orchestrating to tell their customers that we are at fault for there poor and NON STANDARD design.

Just purchased my niece and nephew their first tablets - HP Streams. F U DELL

0 Kudos
apatel10
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Not charging dell venue 8 pro, add one to your complaint. I spent 30 minutes on phone and dell refuse to stand behind their warranty. Highly disappointed

0 Kudos