1 Nickel

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro not charging?

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
dchbi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I purchased Venue 8 pro in Sept AND had to return 2 woks later due to the SAME POWER failure(s) that I estimate  ~80% of Venue users experience.  It was returned and WOW it actually worked like supposed to.

That is until about a month later when SAME dam problem(s) started up again!  URRRRRR...  Like so many (actually: like TOO MANY of us DELL fans) have reported here about every 3-5th  time attempted to startup resulted in NEGATIVE JOY.  I would spend countless hrs trying to get my beautiful little le guy to come back to life.  Eventually for unknown reasons it would Atari breathing again!.  As ALL of you here in our same boat, EXTREANLY FRUSTRATING.  Well finally this past week I was unsuccessful in bringing her back to life!  After another round of accelerated  tech support they concurred that she needed the HEW MOTHERBOARD that was recently released so will be sending back AGAIN!  One final jote, as I was packing in return box I thought what the heck and pushed on button and guess what?  YUP  SHE WOKEUP FROM HER COMA!!!  Unfreaking Believable.  Geez.  U plan on sending in for New motherboard in hopes this *** will not happen in future. STAY  TUNED for next chapter which I will update on her prognosis.  (apologies for my attempted humor here but OUR VENUES are such JOKES one cab only try to laugh it off-or throw it out 2nd story window)

I am not at all happy with this tablet. For all those shopping for their next tablet; RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK!  I would like to express that Dell support has been doing an outstanding job after all it is NOT their fault that management puts out inferior units and tech support is forced to cleanup their mess so kudos TEDH SUPPORT! 

0 Kudos
sch911
1 Copper

Jump to solution

When this happen to me 9 out of 10 times the tablet is simply in standby and locked up in Windows.  

To recover:

1. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

2. Release the power button for 5 seconds.

3. Power the table back up as usual.

It seems like the system is bricked but most times it's just caught asleep with Windows locked.  When this happens to me it will not illuminate the charge light but when plugged in, but it is charging. 

Good luck.

0 Kudos
amir_dadair
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

You MUST update its Bios after you bought it. And also update wireless drivers.

I had same problem and my problem solved.

this is the link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-venue-8-pro/drivers

0 Kudos
tswu8
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I got same problem as Seanpd90. DV8P is not charing. If plugged in, and when I press the power button, the light blinks red 3 times, and then nothing.

The DV8P also not charging once about two months ago, at that moment I try many different adaopr and USB cable, luckly have one to make it charing. But right now, I can not make luck happen again.

More sadly, after call dell for help, they just tell me warranty expired one month ago.

0 Kudos
amir_dadair
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
tswu8
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks your advice, but after twenty times retry still no luck tbat the tablet still no boot and led turn amber for 3 seconds. If connected OTG USB mouse, it looks like USB supplied power to mouse, but unable to boot.

I also try another method that, remove the tablet back cover and remove connector from battery, the LED still turn amber for 3 second

As below link said that, amber led means battery is at a critical level and does not have enough charge to power on. Is ther a way that I can charge the battery solelyb via battery connector?

www.dell.com/.../SLN287182

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jfreiman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just received the "repaired" tablet back from Dell and opened it up.

SAME INSANE MICRO USB TYPE AB CONNECTOR AS ALL MY PREVIOUS LEMONS.

ALSO, WINDOWS REGISTRATION IS BLOCKED BY MS SERVER, SO ITS USELESS -- AGAIN.

At what point will Dell give me a refund?????   This is a nightmare -- and I've lived through actual "nightmares" and traumas.

jfreiman
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Twitter hastage:  how many people here have returned their Dell Venue 8 Pro or Android Venue 8 replaced more than 1x for a faulty or defective charging port? #DellVenueRecall

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Mikerman
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

I just received the "repaired" tablet back from Dell and opened it up.

SAME INSANE MICRO USB TYPE AB CONNECTOR AS ALL MY PREVIOUS LEMONS.

ALSO, WINDOWS REGISTRATION IS BLOCKED BY MS SERVER, SO ITS USELESS -- AGAIN.

At what point will Dell give me a refund?????   This is a nightmare -- and I've lived through actual "nightmares" and traumas.

Sorry, but:  as a general matter, a warranty (from any manufacturer) won't get you a refund, only a repair or replacement (possible exception:  if a repair or replacement isn't possible).  And the original part was replaced with the same AB connector because that is what Dell uses (and, as I understand it, is required to use, by the standards committee). 

As to registration (I'm not sure I follow your issue):  call and speak with Dell Tech. Support about that. 

0 Kudos