Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro not charging?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help (but not from Dell, only give wrong direction)

After placed the DV8P left with press power button amber 3 seconds. I decide to give it second chance.

Using both methods provided by above other persons (1)remove back cover and battery connector (2)keep press power again for 10 seconds again, again and again. The DV8P is white led and charging, after charged over 10% the DV8P can boot and works fine now.

I check my BIOS is A05 only and the Dell update program installed on DV8P is useless that not inform A09 BIOS shall be necessary. I had updated BIOS to A09 and hope it will not happen again.

www.dell.com/.../EN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, I actually have that problem too... I had bought the Dell Venue Pro 8 at Staples when it came out in December, 2013.  Earlier this year, my original charger/ cord wouldn't charge well with my Dell Venue Pro 8... I had to hold it in different positions to get it to charge.  Now, with the charger/ cord that I had bought from the Dell website, it won't charge at all.  It did work for a few months, though. The light doesn't go on at all when I used a good charger/ cord at Staples.  Does this mean I need to send it in?  Do you think this might be a defect in some of the Dell Venue pro 8 tablets?  Thanks,

Kelly

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue here, now on 2nd repair.

We have 3 venue 8 pro in family but only one of them gets this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Thank you.

On a side note. The light was glowing white and would turn to orange whenever pushed in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the Dell Venue Pro 8 from Costco. Used it just a few times. Same issue. Won't charge or even show light. I looked it up and warranty showed until June 2015. They said it was just a year warranty and not good until June 2015. So, like everyone else, I make a big mistake in buying this thing. Good concept. Lousy hardware design. Lesson learned. Dell is now off of my list to purchase or recommend. A restaurant pulled some garbage 23 years ago that we went to regularly and haven't been back since.

Same with Dell. Good thing there are other manufacturers out there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I actually just got a Winbook Tw801 and it's so similar to the Dell Venue pro 8... at a cheaper price, and with a usb port.  It's working very well and I don't have any charging issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I purchased DELL VENUE 8,some 10 months back,it was working allright.Now as I connect the charger provided it is not charging.Similar is the problem,even if I use some other charger with this TAB.

If I use this charger for some other phone ,charger is working.

What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

How can I install anything if my tablet is dead? The tablet can't even turn on!!!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

i am also faced this problem but solved ,easy methed to solve this problem
simply switch off the tab and chrge the same without swiching on for onday or two
,no hegitate it will charge very slowly when charging copleated then swich on the tab
(dont use tab untile 0% charging to face this problem)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Is this really the solution? I have a brand new sealed unit got back in 2013, I let it sit until 2018, and could not boot up, nor charging. What I get is white LED light on for 6s then off 4s, so on so for.  If pwr button pressed, it turn amber light for 2-3 s then back to white then off. If keep holding pwr button, it went back to the 6s white on, 4s off cycle.  If keep tapping the pwr, the amber light would stay lit.  I've tried holding pwr button for 4min (unplugged), wait for 4min, then plug in, same symptom.  I've tried a 61w PD charger, stock charger, stock cable, other reputable cable, same symptom. 

0 Kudos