Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2013 08:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro

Hello

This is the first time I have used a forum. So please forgive me if I miss a protocol or two.

My problem is with my Dell Venue 8 Pro.. I received it in October, been using it since. Updated software with the Dell software updater. In the past few days I have noticed that the button on the left upper side, for getting to the metro screen quickly, has not been working. I press it but, all it does is make a clicking sound when pressed. I have check the dell website, but to no avail. I have checked settings on the Venue, again nothing. I have even just now did a PC lite reset. Meaning I still have all my software but the system started new again. Nothing still. Is there anyone that might help or might of had a similar problem and fixed it? This would be greatly appreciated!

David

88 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 07:00

It sounds like you might have to do a full factory reset to get it working right again or perhaps you might try a registry cleaner such as "Clean My PC" or one of the other dozens of those products to clear up a windows registry problem.  If you have to factory reset, copy all of your files to the SD card in the tablet or your computer and then there "should" be an option someplace in the settings for a full reset.  The android versions have this option so I'm assuming the windows versions also have it.  A full reset will remove any updates or changes that windows update or your software installations might have made that could have caused the problem.  I believe dell automatically updates firmware on the tablets but you might also check for that. Microsoft updates break things all the time, if a registry cleaner doesn't fix it you might also check for malware, if nothing's working you're probably going to have to reset it and reload all your software.

1 Message

December 1st, 2013 20:00

I've the same issue and am unable to reset the tablet, due to making a restore usb drive to free up space. Then as they say "hind sight is 20/20".. I'm stuck because of the "power needs to be plugged in" system reset requirement. Hoping to find a solution soon.  Any insight or advice would be appreciated..

2 Posts

December 17th, 2013 10:00

I have been trying to reset to factory settings using my dell created USB recovery drive but found at that it is impossible so if anyone has a solution to this please post it here it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2013 13:00

Go to The settings-> ease of use nad turn off "filter buttons".

No Events found!